Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Too bad they waited until it was too late.

I always have (very) ample stock of both.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'm always impressed with these guys who claim to have thousands of rounds of ammunition and hundreds of guns stored in their bunker under their house. They can hold out against anyone for months on end. Really?
and who is going to spend weeks or months tryin to get into their bunker? If things really got serious, how would all their ammo and guns stand up against explosives?
Even if ya did hold out for a while, what are ya going to do about the bodies? just leave em in place to stink? spend some time outside digging trenches to bury em?

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
We don't really have to worry too much about the Government. Just people like you with no weapons or ammunition.

The claim is real. We don't plan on playing around. There are Citizens with thousands of rounds of ammunition legally owned such as me and others. We don"t have bunkers, we're not hiding out, we're right in your neighborhood (unless you are in some bastion of Liberal leftists) and we can defend ourselves, our families, and our neighbors if it comes to that.

Stop whining and buy a firearm and learn how to use it.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
This is the next step, and a big one it is!

Position: Oppose
Issue
: HR 5717 - 2020's Gunpocalypse
If you're a gun owner, you literally need to drop everything you're doing right now and oppose this bill.
HR 5717 is the worst anti-gun legislation that FPC has ever seen. It could end gun rights in totality within a generation.
In 2016, we fought hard against a huge surge of anti-gun legislation in California. We dubbed it "Gunpocalypse."
And now Rep. Hank Johnson has introduced a bill that rolls up all of Gunpocalypse - and more - into one federal bill.
HR 5717 would:

• Create a nationwide gun registry
  • Ban almost all semiautomatic rifles
  • Institute a federal Magazine Ban
  • Implement national "Red Flag" gun confiscation
  • Tax guns at 30% and ammo at 50%
  • Ban patriots under 21 from exercising their Second Amendment rights
  • Ration guns by making it illegal to purchase more than one firearm in a 30-day period
  • Force "Safe Storage" requirements on gun owners
  • Ban home builds
  • Ban suppressors
  • Force FFLs to spend massive amounts of money to comply with new "security" requirements
  • Expand "Gun Free Zones"
  • And more than we can possibly list here in this space
HR 5717 is so sweeping and all-encompassing that it is literally an ENCYCLOPEDIA of gun control!
Think of every anti-gun measure you've ever seen proposed at the State or Federal level, and chances are it's here.
But that's not even the most chilling part. Because HR 5717 would require gun owners to obtain a permit from the Government to purchase guns and ammo.
And in order to obtain this "permit," gun owners would be required to submit to a live-fire exercise.
Are you seeing the problem with this requirement?
How can a first-time gun owner submit to a live-fire exercise if they don't have a firearm to use?
The answer is: they can't. The Government isn't going to provide guns and live ammo to first-time gun buyers.
So the only way new gun owners can comply with this legislation is to conduct a live-fire demonstration with a gun they don't have because the Government won't let them buy it.
As written, HR 5717 would END the Second Amendment within a generation.
We are totally flabbergasted by how scary this bill is. But that's not even the most insulting part.
Indeed, in the midst of a national emergency, congress has introduced the most overreaching gun control bill this session... possibly ever.
This bill would CRUSH individual freedom and immediately subjugate all gun owning patriots to the Federal Government.
So Take Action NOW to stop it!
Click Here to Read the Entire Bill

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/oppos...l-gunpocalypse

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Write to your legislators, tell them how you feel. They are there to supposedly represent us. The more who write or call, the more pressure we put on them. Then if they don't do what you want, don't vote for them.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Seems pretty odd to me that people would panic buy guns and ammo. I get why they panic buy food (not that it's helping when people panic buy, but I get why they do it) because you need that to live if you have to isolate yourself suddenly, but... guns? What's the need to panic buy those during a pandemic? Genuine question, I'm curious what the reasoning behind it is.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Seems pretty odd to me that people would panic buy guns and ammo. I get why they panic buy food (not that it's helping when people panic buy, but I get why they do it) because you need that to live if you have to isolate yourself suddenly, but... guns? What's the need to panic buy those during a pandemic? Genuine question, I'm curious what the reasoning behind it is.
Some people collect trains, some people guns. As for panic buying, I think some people believe others are going to rush their house to steal the TP, so they suddenly want some self protection. Or they see bills like what's being introduced and decide they want to obtain what they can before it all hits the fan.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Plenty of bullets, but worried about the TP! :p
I'm thinking about getting one 'bidet adapter' for the house's toilets; perhaps cut down on TP consumption.

Not surprised about gun/ammo sales. I'm not a "gun guy" myself, I own 4 but 3 of those I inherited. I got lucky; I have what appears to by a nice hunting rifle inherited from my father, but no ammo. Then my half-brother drops by, he's dealing with clearing out his father's estate including +/- 200 guns and a stupefying amount of ammo, and he looked at the gun and "hmm". He came back a few days later, hands me a box of ammo to fit, turns out he had ONE box of that size (30-06) amongst that arsenal. So that's one thing I do not need to buy - unless society collapses.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Apparently some of ya all misunderstood my post about the thousands of rounds of ammo and hundreds of guns. I own guns myself and take home defense seriously, but not assuming I'm going to have a chance to fire off thousands of rounds of ammo in my defense. I can carry concealed, am well qualified with handguns and rifles to protect myself. It's the wild eyed law enforcement and the judicial system that entertains lawsuits on behalf of the criminals that keeps me from intervening on someone else's behalf.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The largest amount of ammo I have stockpiled is .22 long rifle. We enjoy going out to the range and simply plinking on the steel target range. We can go through 500 rounds in one day. If you buy it as you need it, you will not be able to get any when you want it. Stockpiled ammo, in my case is purchasing quantities at good prices for eventual use. A case of 1000 rounds is cheaper than a box of 20 rounds....

Tom

·
Registered
156 Posts
The largest amount of ammo I have stockpiled is .22 long rifle. We enjoy going out to the range and simply plinking on the steel target range. We can go through 500 rounds in one day. If you buy it as you need it, you will not be able to get any when you want it. Stockpiled ammo, in my case is purchasing quantities at good prices for eventual use. A case of 1000 rounds is cheaper than a box of 20 rounds....

Tom
'Xactly. Gotta get it when it's available, or roll your own.
I'm still a little miffed that .22 hasn't come back down to pre-shortage prices, but at least you can actually buy it now.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts