Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not Lionel manufacture, H&H Sales Co. was located in Pittsburgh, PA. Very nice lights in their original boxes. 8 of them, all in the box...Approx value $15 apiece, looking to get $10 dollars apiece, must buy all, plus shipping.
005.JPG

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Flyernut I would like those lights. What method of payment would you like? What about contact information?

Kenny

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flyernut I would like those lights. What method of payment would you like? What about contact information?

Kenny
Hi Kenny....USPS MO, or from you, a personal check will work...$80 bucks, plus $10 bucks shipping.. If the shipping is more, I'll eat it...Total $90 bucks, and that includes shipping. Send me a PM with your address, and I'll give you mine...I'll be busy Sat. helping my buddies paint a mutual friends 39 Ford coupe street rod, so I'll package these up tonight, and ship out first thing Monday...Loren

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi Kenny....USPS MO, or from you, a personal check will work...$80 bucks, plus $10 bucks shipping.. If the shipping is more, I'll eat it...Total $90 bucks, and that includes shipping. Send me a PM with your address, and I'll give you mine...I'll be busy Sat. helping my buddies paint a mutual friends 39 Ford coupe street rod, so I'll package these up tonight, and ship out first thing Monday...Loren
I gotta plead stupid on the PM. How is it done? I got your information on my cell.
Working on a 39 coupe street rod. Besides trains, nothing more fun! Well except for all the block sanding required in a paint job. Always hated that.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Loren, if I did things right, I hope you got my PM (2). If not let me know and I will try again.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You're good buddy, I got the address....
I have to ask you for your mailing information again. I went to get it from my phone this morning and it with some other messages is gone! Sorry that happened. This will probably be a duplicate of a message I already sent but I want to make sure I get your mailing address to mail payment as promised this morning.

Kenny

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,040 Posts
Loren, Good deal on the lights. (y)
They are metal right?
How tall 7 or 8 inch?

They look like they were never used.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Kenny, you lucky dog. I saw flyernuts post and I thought I am buying those. As I scrolled down
I see I was too late. They look very nice and would benefit any layout. Congrats.
10 bucks a piece is what I was thinking.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Ed, they are 5 7/8”, picture below.
Kenny, I have identified three manufacturing variations of the H&H Sales street lights. Below is a picture of the base underside of variations 2 and 3. Variation 2 on the right has a thick cast base, the “ground” wire is soldered to the base (missing here but the solder blob is at 10 o’clock) and there are no reinforcements cast at the mounting holes. This lamp is quite heavy and the center of gravity is at the bottom of the post. Variation 3 is much lighter with the CofG in the center of the post. The ”ground” wire is crimped to the base with two cast ears and there is reinforcement cast around the mounting holes. Variation I is similar to 2 but the exterior of the base is cast differently. The steps in the base elevations are rounded rather than defined edges. The only variation 1’s I have are my four original lights that were purchased in December 1949.

5626F34B-A327-4895-A4AD-8230C591ED8C.jpeg
6F971C38-196F-4FCA-B06C-F8692300D0C6.jpeg

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ed, they are 5 7/8”, picture below.
Kenny, I have identified three manufacturing variations of the H&H Sales street lights. Below is a picture of the base underside of variations 2 and 3. Variation 2 on the right has a thick cast base, the “ground” wire is soldered to the base (missing here but the solder blob is at 10 o’clock) and there are no reinforcements cast at the mounting holes. This lamp is quite heavy and the center of gravity is at the bottom of the post. Variation 3 is much lighter with the CofG in the center of the post. The ”ground” wire is crimped to the base with two cast ears and there is reinforcement cast around the mounting holes. Variation I is similar to 2 but the exterior of the base is cast differently. The steps in the base elevations are rounded rather than defined edges. The only variation 1’s I have are my four original lights that were purchased in December 1949.

View attachment 547821 View attachment 547822
Yep, that's them...

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,040 Posts
Besides bridges I like lights. :)
I could have worked them in somewhere.
They are a little smaller then the Lionel's.
Good deal sold American !

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Thanks for the information Tom. Of course there is more that one version. Seems like most AF related stuff comes that way. I don't care what version they are. I am just glad to get them and flyernut got them and wanted to sell them. Thanks Loren.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Kenny, you lucky dog. I saw flyernuts post and I thought I am buying those. As I scrolled down
I see I was too late. They look very nice and would benefit any layout. Congrats.
10 bucks a piece is what I was thinking.
Mopac, when I saw those lights, I was hoping I would be lucky enough to get them. Looking forward to getting them.

Kenny

1 - 16 of 16 Posts