Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
Sweet, all run?
I see a few trucks?(y)
Better pictures needed.

·
Registered
502 Posts
👍👍👍 Looking good so far. Better quality pictures needed of each individual piece. Quality pics are a bit more difficult to take for various reasons. A good digital camera is a must. Cellphone Cameras do alright but they do not have the adjustability as a stand alone digital camera.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ed,Spence and ERIE610 for looking and commenting! Appreciate you all! My vision is to redo my building with new train table (s) at some point and to really document everything that I do have the right way. I want to have a space just for that purpose. That would be cleaning and testing and repairing and photographing.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Those locos make for a very good Saturday, I agree. Love that one on top of the bookcase - gorgeous.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
Sweet, all run?
I see a few trucks?
Better pictures needed.
??????????????????? ;)

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
What do you have a train/antique building? (y)

When I said more pictures I meant the TRUCKS I see, or can't really see. :D
Keep the other pictures coming to but lets see those trucks.
The vehicles like this,
( quickly taken and they are up high)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John.....my problem is I like most everything☺ I also have a weakness for old radios too. Ed...here is some more pictures of diecast and such. I got lots more that I will send pictures later on of. I have 2 buildings dedicated to trains and antiques. Some people play the stock market but I bet on the antiques when it makes sense. I thrower in 1 more train set picture. Appreciate you all!

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
Nice, I was given the Texaco Super Tanker when they came out by my Father. Back then if you filled your gas tank they would sell you one.
Well I had it for 2 days, while running it in the cement pond all was well until I started making Hurricane waves with my tube. :)
The vessel was riding the waves pretty good until one sunk it. At the same time my Father was on his way back to take a dip in the pool as I was diving for the ship.
He was climbing up on the diving board just as I was coming up with it.
He cussed me out with a bunch of "bad" words and took the ship away yelling you will never see this again!
I never did, 10 years later he gave it to my Brother. :cry:

Who made that service station? Marx? (y)

Just one water ski?
Is that for water skiing with just one ski?
I have one in my garage, I found it years ago floating out of Barnegat Inlet (NJ) while I was going out to fish in my boat.
Someone must have lost it out of their boat and didn't know it, I made a quick u turn and scooped it up. :)

You.........have an interesting building.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ed....I found my ski at the goodwill. I think I paid 8.00 for it. The tin station is called the roadside service and it is made by marx.I am attaching some train stations and a service station to this post also. I am going to(hate to say it) purchase another building and do some reworking so that I can have the biggest building dedicated to just trains.

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
Looks like a slalom ski. A single ski used for:

A) Slalom Skiing competition - a course of buoys; and
B) Making most excellent vacation pictures.

View attachment 545664 View attachment 545665
Yeah, that is what the one I found is, I tried using it and could get the hang of it.
I tried a few times and gave up trying.
I stuck with 2 skis. :)
I still have it somewhere in my garage, can't beat the price I got it for.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
Ed....I found my ski at the goodwill. I think I paid 8.00 for it. The tin station is called the roadside service and it is made by marx.I am attaching some train stations and a service station to this post also. I am going to(hate to say it) purchase another building and do some reworking so that I can have the biggest building dedicated to just trains.
I never saw the service station before, looks all complete?
You have a bunch of nice items. (y)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Yeah, that is what the one I found is, I tried using it and could get the hang of it.
I tried a few times and gave up trying.
I stuck with 2 skis. :)
I still have it somewhere in my garage, can't beat the price I got it for.
If you ever attempt that again, one technique to learn is start with two skis. Once up and running, drop one off. Much easier than starting with one ski.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Morning Ed, the service station is not complete but close enough for me. There is a couple of smaller things it came with that mine does not have. I am blessed to have the things I have and even more so to be able to share. Take care Ed

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
If you ever attempt that again, one technique to learn is start with two skis. Once up and running, drop one off. Much easier than starting with one ski.
Then I would lose the ski I let go? :)
But that makes sense, I got up but it was hard.
Here is the one I found, it looks to be well made.
It is dirty from sitting up in my rack in the garage, I have not touched it in 20 years.
I wonder what it is worth?

Recommended by Bob Lapoint whoever that was.
A well know water skier back then?
You ever heard of him?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts