Model Train Forum banner

Happy Saturday!

2K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  Trainman59 
#1 ·
Good Saturday morning everyone! Just wanted to share some a couple pictures of some of my collection. What better way to start a Saturday than to do it with trains!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
👍👍👍 Looking good so far. Better quality pictures needed of each individual piece. Quality pics are a bit more difficult to take for various reasons. A good digital camera is a must. Cellphone Cameras do alright but they do not have the adjustability as a stand alone digital camera.

#5 ·
Thanks Ed,Spence and ERIE610 for looking and commenting! Appreciate you all! My vision is to redo my building with new train table (s) at some point and to really document everything that I do have the right way. I want to have a space just for that purpose. That would be cleaning and testing and repairing and photographing.

#11 ·
What do you have a train/antique building? (y)

When I said more pictures I meant the TRUCKS I see, or can't really see. :D
Keep the other pictures coming to but lets see those trucks.
The vehicles like this,
( quickly taken and they are up high)

#12 ·
John.....my problem is I like most everything☺ I also have a weakness for old radios too. Ed...here is some more pictures of diecast and such. I got lots more that I will send pictures later on of. I have 2 buildings dedicated to trains and antiques. Some people play the stock market but I bet on the antiques when it makes sense. I thrower in 1 more train set picture. Appreciate you all!

Attachments

#13 ·
Nice, I was given the Texaco Super Tanker when they came out by my Father. Back then if you filled your gas tank they would sell you one.
Well I had it for 2 days, while running it in the cement pond all was well until I started making Hurricane waves with my tube. :)
The vessel was riding the waves pretty good until one sunk it. At the same time my Father was on his way back to take a dip in the pool as I was diving for the ship.
He was climbing up on the diving board just as I was coming up with it.
He cussed me out with a bunch of "bad" words and took the ship away yelling you will never see this again!
I never did, 10 years later he gave it to my Brother. :cry:

Who made that service station? Marx? (y)

Just one water ski?
Is that for water skiing with just one ski?
I have one in my garage, I found it years ago floating out of Barnegat Inlet (NJ) while I was going out to fish in my boat.
Someone must have lost it out of their boat and didn't know it, I made a quick u turn and scooped it up. :)

You.........have an interesting building.

#14 ·
Ed....I found my ski at the goodwill. I think I paid 8.00 for it. The tin station is called the roadside service and it is made by marx.I am attaching some train stations and a service station to this post also. I am going to(hate to say it) purchase another building and do some reworking so that I can have the biggest building dedicated to just trains.

Attachments

#17 ·
I never saw the service station before, looks all complete?
You have a bunch of nice items. (y)

#21 ·
Good morning back to you, keep them coming if you want.
Makes me feel good to see that there are other pack rats around. :love:
You do have some nice items. (y)

#22 ·
Pretty easy to recover the ski after the run. I don't have a pic of me getting up on one ski behind a 650 cc jet ski. Took everything the jet ski had to offer. I never heard of him and I don't know much of anything about water skiing. All my skiing is "one-offs" when the opportunity presented itself.

On vacation in Wildwood, I couldn't get any other "vacationers" to share a boat rental to ski. But on the dock, there's a flyer - Water Ski Instruction $50 / half-hour. That'll work. Turns out the guy is ex-Cyprus Gardens ski show. Taught me a few things to better my skiing. At the end of 1/2 hour he said, "Come back tomorrow, I'll show you how to barefoot". Started on a training boom. From the first pic, you swivel to ski on your butt. Then stick your feet in and your up. Feels like a firemen's hose on the bottom of your feet. They failed to explain how to stop. So I just let go expecting to coast. Not so on bare feet. Your feet dig in right off and I smacked the water head first at ~25 mph. Felt like I got hit by Ali in the break :)

Rowing Watercraft rowing Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Recreation Boating
Water Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Recreation Sea Photography

#23 ·
I think it would hurt if you hit that pipe too.
Fittie bucks for a 1/2 an hour !
Damn !
I would have smacked you in the face for half of that. :D

#24 ·
I think it would hurt if you hit that pipe too.
Fittie bucks for a 1/2 an hour !
Damn !
I would have smacked you in the face for half of that. :D
When when you let go, the boat pulls away. You really can't hit the pipe.

Actually, it was a good deal. A rental boat would have cost $80 for an hour. But you have to share the time with someone else, there's swapping positions a few times and that eats up time. And the other has to be a good driver, know what he's doing or it's a bust. So for the extra $10 bucks I got a full half hour plus some and expert instruction. He gave me to key points: Hold the baton using a baseball bat grip (opposing clasp). And hold it against my chest, not with outstretched arms. Totally changed my skiing for the better.

Maybe you'll get a shot at a train show. 😉 But be warned: Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. My gorilla arms got an inch on Ali. I measured them.

Are you battened for the storm? We're smack in the middle of it's path. Tuesday late morning for me.

😊

#25 ·
Yeah it is moving fast, good thing it is not moving slow.
And if it was further out to the east we would get a hell of a lot of water.

#28 ·
Lost power twice 1230 to 130 and 330 to 430, every time I turned on the computer !
I set up my generator for the fridge just in case. Didn't want to fumble around in the dark.
They were off by 60 miles to the west, they must have got hammered over to the west, it looks like it went right up the Delaware river.
Moving fast, which was good.
Fixed my mower and cleaned up a bit in the garage during the storm as it did cool things off a little........cleaning the garage is a never ending battle I never seem to win. :)

#29 ·
Just finished cleaning up the bulk of the downed maple limbs. It wasn't too bad.

Nothing like a tropical storm hitting Louisiana. I flew into one. Lighting struck the jet. The car that picked me upat the airport was driving on the grass median between the highway lanes and yet there was still 6" of water above the floor board in the back seat. And I watched a guy drown. His tractor (as in big rig) was in a road depression under a train bridge. He went into the water with the tow cable to pull it out just when a slew a water rushed in. The next day I read in the paper they found the body.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.