Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my blue goose by tenshodo running the other day and realized it was shorting out. I shut off the lights in my layout room and watched for the spark in the locomotive. I found it and pulled the front set of drivers out and found they weren’t in the frame properly. While I was putting it back together I lost the screw that goes to the drive wheel and side rod. Does anyone know if there is information on where I can locate another one of these screws? I assume it’s a 2mm screw but I can’t be certain. I know it’s roughly half threads and half shoulder as well. I have another tenshodo 4-6-4 I could snag one from but I’m not willing to sacrifice an operational better running less worn loco for a screw. Worse comes to worse it’s an excuse to buy a better example and shelf this one

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just checked out hoseeker.com and they only list a catalog of the price on this locomotive

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s actually a good idea. I’ll see if the wife has any I can have. I’m beginning to believe it’s smaller than a 2mm. I’m thinking it’s a 1. Something. Nwsl offers an assortment of screws of that size. I may try a set of them if I can’t find one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts