Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
N Spectrum 2-8-0. Main Rod supposed to attach to a (microscopic) pin on the inside of the crosshead. Prolly gonna sit until someone brings out a new attachment nut...

Did not make my day. :mad:

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
I have one like that!! A 4-8-4...old old Bachmann. Never have figured what to use to reattach it. It's a display unit, good side showing.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need to fire up the electron microscope to check it out 😆 The other side looks like the pin is just bradded over to retain it. But it must have a clip or washer to retain it, like you say. Requires removing all the gear from that side. In N, it's fairly finicky for us old guys.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By some MIRACLE I spotted this retainer on the floor under the workbench. I am going to save it for a day when I have all my wits about me.
20200506_185046.jpg

I was not even hunting for it, just got lucky😃😃😃

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear ya, grj!! They just look so attractive at the hobby shop 🤣 (not gonna say "cute")

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
By some MIRACLE I spotted this retainer on the floor under the workbench. I am going to save it for a day when I have all my wits about me.
View attachment 542224
I was not even hunting for it, just got lucky😃😃😃
cid;

Wits are important certainly, but have your Optivisor about you too! Once found, you don't want to lose that thing again. The photos & file below show how this old guy handles tiny N-scale parts.

Good Luck with your repair;

Traction Fan

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Traction Fan! Hey, your Tips do not mention the panty-hose-on-the vacuum-cleaner method...:rolleyes: Well, maybe you covered it elsewhere😅 I guess, better to not drop anything in the first place...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts