Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the forum has died in terms of new posts, except those about coronavirus. Of course its on everyone's mind and you need to put your health and your family's safety first. However, online activity can't spread the virus. We are all stuck at home, and we are all interested in trains. If you look at the posting dates for train-related posts, things have been pretty dead for quite a while. Some of that may be due to the format change. I don't like it either, but we're stuck with it anyway, and ought to make the most of it. Someone out there must be doing something new with their layout, or have a question, or have just joined the forum, but nobody seems to be saying anything.

Traction Fan

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't care for the new format either. I haven't figured out how to use/navigate it yet. I am now getting individual emails for each reply anyone makes rather than the daily summary of replies. I don't know where or if I can change it back to daily summaries. I am just putting up with it until I get it figured out. The new format basically caused me to loose interest in the forum.

LeRoy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Been sick. Not Corona virus. When I was getting to work on my train I was soldering track. My first time soldering track. Not very high on my list of favorite things to do.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The new format just ask me to "Allow PUSH xxxx". I don't remember what the "xxx" word was and I have no idea what it was asking. Any idea?

LeRoy

·
Admin
43,540 Posts
I don't care for the new format either. I haven't figured out how to use/navigate it yet. I am now getting individual emails for each reply anyone makes rather than the daily summary of replies. I don't know where or if I can change it back to daily summaries. I am just putting up with it until I get it figured out. The new format basically caused me to loose interest in the forum.

LeRoy
Click on your avatar and you'll get this menu. Select Account Settings.

Next, you'll see this menu, click on Preferences.

On the right side, you'll find all the options for emails.

The new format just ask me to "Allow PUSH xxxx". I don't remember what the "xxx" word was and I have no idea what it was asking. Any idea?

LeRoy
Just turn off all the push options, you can always turn them back on if you decide you want to be "pushed". :)

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Why you would need e-mails to tell you that there is a new post here......I get enough e-mails, I don't need more telling me what I will find when I visit here anyway....

·
Admin
43,540 Posts
Why you would need e-mails to tell you that there is a new post here......I get enough e-mails, I don't need more telling me what I will find when I visit here anyway....
Which is why I was showing him how to turn them off!

·
Registered
289 Posts
It seems like the forum has died in terms of new posts, except those about coronavirus. Of course its on everyone's mind and you need to put your health and your family's safety first. However, online activity can't spread the virus. We are all stuck at home, and we are all interested in trains. If you look at the posting dates for train-related posts, things have been pretty dead for quite a while. Some of that may be due to the format change. I don't like it either, but we're stuck with it anyway, and ought to make the most of it. Someone out there must be doing something new with their layout, or have a question, or have just joined the forum, but nobody seems to be saying anything.

Traction Fan
I really have enjoyed the forum but I usually access it through my telephone and I think it’s a lot less user friendly now. I’m personally not caring much for it. I have also been working my tail off trying to keep up with all my coworkers calling off and replacing the flooring throughout most of my house. I don’t understand why I have to quote to respond.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
You don't....just use the reply box at the bottom, where it says write your reply....just type your message and hit Post reply, that's how I posted this message....

·
Registered
123 Posts
SMDH as I chuckle at Some of these complaints/posts about The new format. C'mon guys. Your'e masters of the model railroad craft. DCC knowledge and programming? Old school DC knowledge of those Atlas devices? Et all.
You can't sit down and figure out how to navigate a new site format? I am so disapointed in ya'll. I have a plethora of cheese here. You know, to go with your whine/wine.

Just busting balls here cause it's fun. "Boomers need not be offeneded."

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Well since this is Union Station and most folks are stuck at home we can talk about mowing the lawn instead of the virus. Plenty of train discussions on the specific train boards.

Bill

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
Well, first I'm a fan of the new format now. It took a while to learn, and I have more than a little of the old geezer's reluctance for anything new, but it more-modern features are quite nice - and welcome.

Second, I think the corona-virus has distracted all of us. As for myself, yes, particularly with a "stay at home" order in place in Wake County NC now, I am home more and near my trains all the time now, but there seems to be so much extra care and cleaning and such to do, that I have less time for the trains, and forum, than a month ago.

Still, I posted my usual Automobiles, Trucks and Buses for O-Gauge Friday thread on the O-Gauge forum this morning (those new features making it faster to post a series of photos than ever before!!!:)) and I was up in the train room for an hour already this morning.

Still, I expect it to slow down everything . . . including the forum.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Just busy. Also working on some layout stuff and put together some plastic models but not far enough along. Bought an airbrush, compressor and paint but haven't been able even try it. Don't have much to say on the virus, it's out, it's about ... Be careful.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
It'll pick up once everyone's back from hoarding TP.;)
I have been praying that those who are engaging in this practice would be blessed with a good reason to use it all.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I swear the reply box was not there till this morning. Maybe I was overlooking it thinking it was an unloaded ad or something

1 - 20 of 26 Posts