Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Nice looking train. I like that loco a lot. Has it been a good one for you?

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice looking train. I like that loco a lot. Has it been a good one for you?
Hi Lee, The Lionel Weyerhaeuser Mogul is a strange one. It is full scale, excellent smoke and sounds, great whistle but does not have Command Control, it is conventional. I bought it at the first Lionel warehouse sale in Concord, NC a few years ago for $200. They had a bunch of them, must have been a poor seller since it was conventional.

Bill

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Nice set. I like the looks of the steam engine. Lots of detail.

Who makes the log cars? I have a bunch of MTH cars, but they are shorter...

Tom

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice set. I like the looks of the steam engine. Lots of detail.

Who makes the log cars? I have a bunch of MTH cars, but they are shorter...

Tom
Hi Tom, the log cars are from Lionel, all diecast. These are for Weyerhaeuser Timber Company, came in 2 three car sets but there was other company names also.. They had the giant single log per car but I gathered some more reasonable size logs from our Lilac tree.

Bill

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
They definitely look better with the smaller logs...

Tom

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They definitely look better with the smaller logs...

Tom
Yep, those giant logs Lionel used would have had to be trees from the early 1800's. Nothing that big would exist today except in the Redwood National Park.

Bill

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I have seen pictures of NW Pennsylvania logging roads, that feature one huge log on a log car. It was back when the loggers were cutting the original prehistoric virgin forrests that one existed there. There were some pretty big trees, but they were more of a oddity than a normal load. The smaller multiple log loads were the usual load...

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts