Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi--I am a retired traction modeler who would like to make a shelf layout ot something that could go on the floor(compact)--any suggstions__Thanks

Registered
Hi--I am a retired traction modeler who would like to make a shelf layout ot something that could go on the floor(compact)--any suggstions__Thanks
HawaiiTraction;

I replied to your similar post sent a couple of days ago, in the thread you started called "Tracton Fan from Hawaii" There, I gave you some files containing lots of information on shelf layouts, and other model railroad subjects. I never got a thank you, or any other response. Did you receive the information?

A shelf layout is good, but I'm not sure what you mean by "something that could go on the floor."
Do you mean
(1) A temporary assembly of track sections right on top of the carpet or tile, like a Lionel christmas layout?
Or do you mean
(2) A conventional layout, with the track, trolley, structures, & scenery, permanently mounted on a plywood, or extruded foam. base; that lies on the floor when being used, and can be taken up and stored elsewhere?
Or something else?

I think that running on the floor would be much more difficult than running on a table. The table could have folding legs, if it needs to be stored between uses.
My own layout is a shelf one with overhead catenary. I model the Milwaukee Road in the Seattle, Washington area in the 1920s. Let me know which option you want, and I will try to help.

Traction Fan 馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
HawaiiTraction;

I replied to your similar post in a different section of this forum. A shelf layout is good, but I'm not sure what you mean by "something that could go on the floor." Do you mean
(1) A temporary assembly of track sections right on top of the carpet or tile, like a Lionel christmas layout?
Or do you mean
(2) A conventional layout, with the track, trolley, structures, & scenery, permanently mounted on a plywood, or extruded foam. base; that lies on the floor when being used, and can be taken up and stored elsewhere?
Or something else?

I think that running on the floor would be much more difficult than running on a table. The table could have folding legs, if it needs to be stored between uses.
My own layout is a shelf one with overhead catenary. I model the Milwaukee Road in the Seattle, Washington area in the 1920s. Let me know which option you want and I will try to help.

Traction Fan 馃檪
Thanks for your reply. I inadvertently set out another discussion.
I think you're correct about putting in a shelf layout with folding legs. I had envisioned putting a board on the floor and storing it against the bedroom wall. We'll see--sorry about the exrra discussion--HawaiiTraction

1 - 3 of 3 Posts