Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Sunday afternoon everyone. This is my first post and it begins with a question. Has anyone ever heard of this company and are there other examples out there?The model is made of wood. Thanks

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did search for them but did not find anything specifically train related. What I saw was more model airplane related. Here is another picture of it with the top off. There is writing on the inside. The year and maybe the model number?

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
Yeah, they were more into model planes.
I can't find any reference on their trains anywhere except the wiki.
1940, prewar, that is for sure.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
I would guess they were offered in a kit form, whoever built it wrote that down.
Nice that he did.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
Does it fit on your O track?
Or is it standard gauge, looks a little big sitting in your hand.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
I have had this for years, wood. You have more info on yours then I can find for this.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
I picked this one up in the same lot. Metal sides and a wood bottom. Maybe a kit?
Can't find any info on that either.
But yours is dated 1940, and the couplers are what they used back then. And you know who made them. that is nice.
This one has 2 broken trucks so I have it sitting back there on blocks. Both of mine have the smaller couplers on them. Much smaller then the knuckle couplers you see on the Lionel trains.
I bid on this lot because of the CNJ on this one. I won as no one else was bidding, I didn't pay that much for them.

Do you plan on trying to fix it up?

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
I meant O gauge:)
If you want to edit a post, look in the posting box upper right and you see the 3 dots. Click on them, then click edit , then click save when your done.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Ed for the information......I don't have any plans for it but more so I wanted to preserve it as I wanted to keep it in existence and not in the hands of someone who would not appreciate it for what it is. I am sure I have a loco that can pull it but for now it is a display piece but protected. After all it is 80 years old. I want someone to help me when I am 80:)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Those are really great old cars, Ed, that Pabst reefer is really something! If the top were off, you might find the date scratched into the floor! 😄

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
Those are really great old cars, Ed, that Pabst reefer is really something! If the top were off, you might find the date scratched into the floor! 😄
Maybe someone hid a few rolls of old C notes in it.
Better yet some rolls of $500, $1000, $5000 or $10,000 notes in it.
The larger notes would be worth a whole lot of money today. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts