Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting out in HO at 40 something years old and very much a beginner. Started as a kid with a Bachmann Canadian National diesel hustler set from the mid 80’s and a Model Power missile force set from the early 90’s that was buried in a box in the basement up to a couple years ago. Just recently started purchasing some new and used ready to run rolling stock. Recently set up a 4 X 8 layout with 3 oval’s on code 100 track. Outer 22” radius, mid 18” radius and a inner 15” radius. Running DC locomotives using the 2 supplies from those sets and a third MRC 1300 for 3 separate lines. Recently purchased some new and used EMD’s SD40-2, GP’s 35/38-2/40/GP9M. Most rolling stock is cheaper stuff I have found in good shape but have Model Power, Pemco,Tyco, Bachmann, Roundhouse, Atlas and such. Waiting on a HO truck tuner from Micromark as I have purchased some Rapido 33” standard tread metal wheel sets and already replaced some 50 cars. 70% roll pretty easy but looking to tune em all. I’m looking forward to the discussions and am interested in some of the history of these manufacturers and everything else HO. Cheers!

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Chappy. You'll find quite a few DC runners here, and some of them are true experts at model railroading. Feel free to ask questions...there's always someone who can answer. :smilie_daumenpos:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts