Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making a 8x6 foot (to be expanded later) layout as my first decorated layout in HO

I have a 3railO set in my bedroom room floor but it is not really a layout as much as a toy train (“secured” by a few screws in places i walk through)

My theme for this project is amecan midwest-ish farmland with no particular era. Its a budget layout more for figuring things out than looking realistic, so i will mention any budget tips i come up with I have no clue how to do many things so this account is going to be tips I learn along the way as well as questions on things that i overthink how to do.

any advice for new people in the hobby would be appreciated

·
Registered
9,016 Posts
Wecome to the Forum

What can we do to help you get the most
enjoyment from your new hobby.? There is a biig
bunch of expeirienced HO modellers here who can help
you get started right.

Don

·
Registered
560 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Craigslist and FB Market. You'll be surprised what people will give away or sell for practically nothing. It just takes a little patience. I had one lady give me 5 large boxes of HO stuff and a stack of train modeling books. I also had a gentleman give me a box of HO engines and cars. All the engines worked although some had body parts miss. That's just to name a couple of great finds out of several I found. Great stuff for learning without the worry of damaging expensive stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Craigslist and FB Market. You'll be surprised what people will give away or sell for practically nothing. It just takes a little patience. I had one lady give me 5 large boxes of HO stuff and a stack of train modeling books. I also had a gentleman give me a box of HO engines and cars. All the engines worked although some had body parts miss. That's just to name a couple of great finds out of several I found. Great stuff for learning without the worry of damaging expensive stuff.
Good to know. Also dang i thought getting a single engine for 15$ was cheap, but yeah there is definitely good stuff there!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you I signed up to this forum expecting the same thing i Had with the last few places ive looked for advice, maybe one or two replies if you are lucky months after i ask anything. I am getting good response time here so i will have to get used to having replies when i log on. Thank you for actually helping and I finally can stop asking 6 different websites the same questions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts