Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone identify these electronics (QS1, PS1, etc.). They were added to a Williams ABA. It uses a 9 V battery, has sounds and works with a conventional transformer (no other system control was tested).

Collage.jpg

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I believe its a Digital Dynamics Equalizer added to PS1 to make it TMCC compatible. If it works it should be able to be programed and run with TMCC. Most of them failed with time though. If you have a working one you have a collectors item.

Pete

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe its a Digital Dynamics Equalizer added to PS1 to make it TMCC compatible. If it works it should be able to be programed and run with TMCC. Most of them failed with time though. If you have a working one you have a collectors item.

Pete
Thanks. I don't know if it works with TMCC, no way to test. But it does power up and work with conventional as I mentioned. It seemed to follow the QS1/PS1 conventional command control. When I got it, no movement. It was locked in neutral. I was able to get it going using conventional to change it's settings and get F-N-R function (along with start up sounds, etc.)

Can you tell me which module is which? Can I remove the DDE and just have PS1 (easy?). I'm actually selling the entire ABA and 7 passenger car SP Daylight set. But I would like to know what I'm selling so as not to misrepresent it.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
The equalizer is the bottom board in the bottom picture.
If this was mine I would sell it as is with a description. If it works with TMCC it would be a plus.

Pete

·
Admin
43,984 Posts
That looks like the QSI setup before they went to the two-board setup and produced the MTH PS/1.

I don't believe that's the DD Equalizer. I'm holding an Equalizer board now, and it doesn't' look like any of those boards.

The Equalizer only worked with MTH PS/1 top boards, the three board stack would not work with it in any case.

This is from the Equalizer manual, my board looks exactly like this picture.

00000.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts