Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired a train collection that came with some track that i'm not familiar with. I'm about 3 pieces short from making a complete circle, It's hard to tell without a complete circle what the exact dimensions are from outside rail to outside rail but I measured 41-42"s hard to tell with track being flexible with half a circle. Now here is the confusing part, this isn't your typical old 0 gauge track, this has the short track ties like 027 but the longer radius curves. Anyone have any clue what it is?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have a local hobby shop go there. If not order it.
I have no problem paying for it but we no longer have a local hobby store and this stuff is sold out everywhere online but maybe 2 or 3 sites and I don't know if I trust those, one my browser reported malicious activity when I went to check out lol

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come to think of it, at the prices Menards is asking, you could just buy a circle or oval of Menards O track.

That sounds good and all but this track would work fine with the 027 I already have a ton of, if I bought the menards track i'd have to buy ALL new track, couldn't even use my lionel 027 straights.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
OK. I though all you had was a circle minus 3 pieces. I suspect the Menards O track will mate, but you will need to shim the O27 as I mentioned above.

You can ask Menards or you can pick up three pieces and try it. It will only cost you a few bucks to try.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK. I though all you had was a circle minus 3 pieces. I suspect the Menards O track will mate, but you will need to shim the O27 as I mentioned above.

You can ask Menards or you can pick up three pieces and try it. It will only cost you a few bucks to try.
I have 2 or 3 pieces of 0 gauge laying around here that are close to the same radius, I just hate to shim all my 027 track. I'm running a 2-8-4 Berkshire that would run a lot better on the longer radius curves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts