Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I already have the Kato N scale P42 (176-6007 to be exact). I think this would be considered the "green" scheme (as oppose to the blue, which was earlier?). I'm thinking I should get some of the Rapido LRC cars while they are still up for grabs. Could someone more versed in VIA lore help me build a consist? My limit is 4 (CFO would prefer 3). I was thinking 1 x "Business" and 3 x green scheme coach. Or should I stick a blue coach in there since many pics show a mix? Thoughts?

Also, what are the odds that Kato's VIA green and Rapido's are close enough to each other? The Kato looks a little on the light side. I know every brand boasts color accuracy but even so, I wonder.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Are you targeting a particular time frame?

The coaches with green paint have recently been refurbished; I think the refurbishment has mostly happened over the last five years or so. Coaches with blue paint along the bottom are the earlier paint, and not refurbished yet. There are still a few around but getting rarer and rarer. If you're putting together a "current" 2020 train, it would mostly be refurbished cars, and could get away with one blue coach ("Canada" scheme rather than "original"). Probably all of the business/VIA 1 cars have been refurbished by now, but I admit I am not a close follower of VIA.

Most trains would have a business (VIA 1) car and then several coaches.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts