Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
no idea. i had some old tyco that i resurrected with some new wheels and couplers. kinda ok really. then i bought some cause i wanted the engine to experiment with on and they were part of the deal. i also retrofitted them. i think having said all that the value is rather low unless there's something in that set someone just must have. then you may get a bit more. maybe $5 ea?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
FYI, I pay $2.00 for those types of cars at yard sales (no shipping cost). I would not buy the power pack or engine.
But, I've seen people pay more.
If that is all you have, post them on ebay with a starting bid of $25. You can also set a reserve, e.g if you will not take less than $30, you set the reserve at $30.

Pleas do not take offense if you think my prices are too low:)

Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI, I pay $2.00 for those types of cars at yard sales (no shipping cost). I would not buy the power pack or engine.
But, I've seen people pay more.
If that is all you have, post them on ebay with a starting bid of $25. You can also set a reserve, e.g if you will not take less than $30, you set the reserve at $30.

Pleas do not take offense if you think my prices are too low:)

Good luck
No offense thanks for you opinion :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no idea. i had some old tyco that i resurrected with some new wheels and couplers. kinda ok really. then i bought some cause i wanted the engine to experiment with on and they were part of the deal. i also retrofitted them. i think having said all that the value is rather low unless there's something in that set someone just must have. then you may get a bit more. maybe $5 ea?
Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thant's a good starting place, Thanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would say that around 25$ is a fair price for the lot.

·
Registered
8,355 Posts
Although, there are folks who are collecting Tyco.....I think there are groups out there that do that....they know what's rare and desireable, and what's common......also the box/package is valuable when it comes to collecting.......

Good luck in whatever you do!

·
Registered
812 Posts
I would say that around 25$ is a fair price for the lot.
If both locos run, that's a good in person price. I don't see anything particularly valuable there and collectors are going to want boxed examples.

If putting it on eBay, I'd suggest a starting bid of between 15 and 20 bucks just because the shipping costs involved.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts