Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks - new here and just coming back to the hobby. Anyone know where I might acquire a tender for a Rivarossi Big Boy? Mine is mysteriously missing and I know the company went under. Anyone sell these separately for a reasonable price? I understand there used to be a Monogram kit for the whole loco and tender, which might be able to be retrofit with working trucks, but a straight out source for a working replacement would be preferred.

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:):thumbsup:

Best of luck...it took me almost two years to find mine---and---reasonably priced will be found nowhere associated with those, they easily run $60-80 regularly on eBay. Bowser used to sell a conversion kit for the Monogram model, but you will find those a very disappointing alternative.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tender for tender

Thanks a lot, folks -- I see there's one on ebay that's already getting up there in price. Maybe I should just sell the loco and buy the whole thing on ebay ...
PS. sorry about the redundant post

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I grabbed the tender on ebay for 51 bucks - easier than selling mine and buying another unknown with a tender, and 50 bucks seems to be about the difference between those that sell with a tender vs without, so I guess that's its fair market value. Good point about the non functioning engine one - that would have worked too. BTW, (again, forgive me for being a neophyte) but can the motors on these can be replaced if they go?

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You did well, young Skywalker, I would have bet against that price---but then again, at the time I was looking, the stock market wasn't tanking at the time either:p;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts