Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning i started to put back the 322 hudson i came across a problem. When i put the bar on that goes on the three wheels. When i turn motor by hand it move about a quarter of a turn and binds. I checked the quartering its fine the one thing i did notice the front wheel binds if i move that it fine so does that mean the axle is bent or hole is worn out. Thanks al

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You should be able to see if the axle is bent just by turning the front wheel set or if a wheel is not straight on the axle if it wobbles. If that doesn't show a problem then you can tell if the hole is worn by holding the wheels with your thumb and finger and rocking the wheel set. Any excessive slop either up and down or back and forth should give you an answer. Another thing you can check is to see if the wheel has come loose on the axle by holding the wheels and gently twisting them in opposite directions. That might cause binding when the side rod is connected to the wheels. Does the chassis roll okay without the engine installed and the side rods connected? Just a few things you can check. Let us know what you find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts