Model Train Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
very cool indeed..... how about a pic ... i love helping people just to see that joy in there face is over welming .:)
AARGH....my PhotoBuckete account is full. To delete photos I will have to pay a months subscription in order to login...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
FT is 89 years of age. Due to memory impairment he must live in an assisted living center. He suffers from depression and is often morose. This Kato N gauge train set has been a God send to him. He has something to focus on and anticipation of things to arrive in the mail Again, FT and I thank all of you that have contributed to this success. If you pass through Oklahoma City, send me a PM if you would like to drop by. He is really pretty decent company most of the time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What a great story! I work with older folks a little bit and I had never heard of a relatively complex hobby having this effect! Thank you so much for posting!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Just a note to keep in touch and to again thank all of you for your help. This train set has been a real success. Full Throttle is often found working on his hobby set when I come to visit. My mother frequently buys him small items to add to the collection. A local hobby store has become a great day trip activity for him, the owner of the store knows his situation and makes certain that his purchases are in line with his layout.

Hope ya'll get a warm fuzzy from this. I do.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thank you for update . This is just wonderful. very happy he has such caring people. many of our elderly have been put to the way side an forgotten about. It brings one great joy to see people helping the elderly. he looks like he really enjoys this . very positive .

·
Registered
676 Posts
Excellent to hear and see, Half Throttle. All of us are glad we could help, but it was your efforts and action that pulled it off.
All the best to you and Full Throttle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is a wonderful story/thread. I love all the palm trees! True style. I can almost feel the ocean breezes :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Just a note to keep in touch and to again thank all of you for your help. This train set has been a real success. Full Throttle is often found working on his hobby set when I come to visit. My mother frequently buys him small items to add to the collection. A local hobby store has become a great day trip activity for him, the owner of the store knows his situation and makes certain that his purchases are in line with his layout.

Hope ya'll get a warm fuzzy from this. I do.

cool trees!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts