Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey everyone,
here are some pictures of my latest divider mountain.

1...I started with spraying some "great stuff" foam and letting it dry.............

2...then covered the foam with plaster cloth and let dry..................

3...then painted with acrylic paint and sprinkled ground cover and let it dry....

******note: let first coat of paint dry, then paint where you want the ground cover to stay and sprinkle************

4...then vacuumed and put trees and bushes on

please ask if you have any questions...its really easy:)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
sorry raleets, dry's quicker, is permanent, easier to use, doesn't stink. there are a ton of colors to choose from. i get mine at wal-mart in the hobby section. i used three bottles of nutmeg brown for the desert, i think i spent $4.50 on paint for that section.

IF YOU NEED A BIGGER MOUNTAIN.......use foam strips low temp glued to the shape of the mountain- then cover with spray foam, then plaster cloth.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Swiggy,
OK.....thanks for your input!
I've had pretty good luck with Glidden latex flat paint from HD. It's virtually odor free, dries in about three hours, it's cheap, and easy to work with.
They will custom mix a QUART for less than $9. Any color you want. I took in some gray plastic and they matched it perfectly.
I've brushed it on rather thick, then sprinkled ground cover on top, let it dry, and it looks great.
I've not used the Great Stuff for mountain building before but I plan to use your method real soon.
Thanks again,
Bob

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
When I first opened this up only the first pic loaded for a while, I was gonna ask what is the pile of white stuff supposed to be. Now that the other pics have loaded I have to say good job. Looks great.

Massey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts