Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bunch of stock parts that were originally part of the inventory from a now defunct hobby store. I really don't know a thing about model trains but I'm hoping the parts have value for some old-school, train modeling "purist". As you can see from the photo, this product was made by Marn-o-Stat and is still in the box. If you're interested please click on the ebay link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110474201519&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More parts for old-school "HO" model train enthusiasts!

Here are a couple of other items I just posted on ebay. A "Marn-o-Stat" Potentiometer w/optional "off" position, 30 Ohms, Model 1330R and a "Pacific Fast Mail" Locomotive/Tender module sufficient to equip, "one steam locomotive for sound and constant intensity lighting". These are both new, in the box. You can follow the links, below, to the items.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110474203856&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110474205778&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Attachments

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Welcome...:thumbsup:

You may hit the oldschooler who would look for these on Ebay but technology passed this stuff by years ago. I got about $8 for my PFM sound module about 2 years ago to give you an idea. You need a separate controller for it. The Marnostat parts are wicked...would love to add those to my setup as I use old school power...sigh...:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate your input!

Thank you for your input. I really have no idea how to handle all these parts other than auction them on ebay. They were part of a local hobby store's inventory until the gentleman, who owned the store, became seriously ill a few years back. He also had an enormous "HO" gauge train set-up in his basement (had to be at least 30' x 40'). We were recently called in to clean it all out...lock, stock and parts. The real shame is that, due to time constraints, the vast majority of the stuff had to simply be trashed. There are massive numbers of "worm gears" and brass gear parts...all new in packages. I'm trying to get a handle on it...but I see it's a far more complicated process than I had originally imagined. This is my first foray into the sale of these parts and the task is somewhat daunting. Your feedback is really appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S.: I may have the controllers for the PFM modules, (I have 3 or 4 of them), I just don't know what they look like or what they're called.

J929113

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Again, thank you

Thanks for the lead. I will contact them to see if they're interested in the small parts. I also have some detail stuff, (tiny signal crossings, people and so on). This is turning into quite a learning experience for me.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
j929113, If you run across anything that says American Flyer on it, I'd be interested in hearing about it. At the very least, I could help you identify it!

Best of Luck,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To Reckers

I'll take a look and let you know...although most of the time I'm not actually sure what I'm looking at. Thanks for the offer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts