Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
The museum of science and industry in Chicago has a layout and it’s got an ho scale model of downtown Chicago. Look it up on YouTube

·
Premium Member
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's big, but not very clean.... the lines wobble all over the place and don't line up straight; which shouldn't be all that hard to do at that scale just by working carefully.
Glad you appreciated it.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
The museum of science and industry in Chicago has a layout and it’s got an ho scale model of downtown Chicago. Look it up on YouTube
I’ve never seen the newer HO layout at the museum of science and industry, I went the year before they replaced the old O scale layout

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Someday you'll have to visit Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg.

https://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/
There is a large German model railroad in the town of Helen, GA called Charlemagne's Kingdom, nothing on the scale of Miniatur, but very well done. Helen, GA is in the north Georgia mountains about 2 hours north of Atlanta and the whole town is modeled as a German village, even the Police Dept. identifies themselves as the Poliza. I have spent a few enjoyable weekends there when I lived in metro Atlanta.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
There is a large German model railroad in the town of Helen, GA called Charlemagne's Kingdom, nothing on the scale of Miniatur, but very well done. Helen, GA is in the north Georgia mountains about 2 hours north of Atlanta and the whole town is modeled as a German village, even the Police Dept. identifies themselves as the Poliza. I have spent a few enjoyable weekends there when I lived in metro Atlanta.
That sounds like a cool place

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
It is very nice. You can go tubing on the river that flows through it but that works best in the Spring. Good German restaurants.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts