Model Train Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Now I did acquire a new CAT315C with more articulation points then my previous version as the picture below shows along with a side side shot.

I could also probably get the Norscot Hi-Rail Excavator in the last picture and figure a way to swap out the CAT 315C's bucket (kitbash) but then its price vs performance. Is it worth dropping $40. or so bucks to make a more prototypical version or just bury the bucket as mentioned previously ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Go to ebay HO Herpa 6394 Logging truck..May be able to bash this into claws/grippers
Saw the truck but looks like the claw would be a little involved to reattach to the CAT...need to see if I can find better detailed pix of the truck...

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Here's another ebay find, a model 320D which looks almost identical to your first picture of the cat in the gondola, and this one appears to have working pivot points so you could simply drill out the rivets and swap in a claw without any major surgery. At least it's another step closer to what you're looking for.

[EDIT] Whoops! I missed the second page of comments, and see you found a model 315D already. Cool!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Here's another ebay find, a model 320D which looks almost identical to your first picture of the cat in the gondola, and this one appears to have working pivot points so you could simply drill out the rivets and swap in a claw without any major surgery. At least it's another step closer to what you're looking for.

[EDIT] Whoops! I missed the second page of comments, and see you found a model 315D already. Cool!
= )

21 - 24 of 24 Posts