·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i,m having trouble making scenery.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
You're not going to get much of a response if you don't at least describe what you're trying to build or what you're having trouble with.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
both, i tryed a snowy winter scene but i coud'nt get my snow to stop puffing up.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
What are you using for snow that puffs about like that....flour? Icing sugar? You can use them, but you must be careful with handling, and you'll have to clear it from the rails. I would buy a canister of Woodland Scenics "snow" and sprinkle it. It stays put...did for me. Later, you can vacuum it up and then filter or strain it to get bits of crud, ground foam, and stuff out of it and then use it another time.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
What are you using for snow that puffs about like that....flour? Icing sugar? You can use them, but you must be careful with handling, and you'll have to clear it from the rails. I would buy a canister of Woodland Scenics "snow" and sprinkle it. It stays put...did for me. Later, you can vacuum it up and then filter or strain it to get bits of crud, ground foam, and stuff out of it and then use it another time.

That is absolutely amazing! :appl:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
polyester mats.
does that snow stuff conduct electricty?

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Snow or any other ground cover is not conductive.
You need to keep these things away from tracks rails so you don't get
things dirty that need to be clean.

Some good advice on scenery and layouts in general can be found in the My Layout thread. Here
http://www.modeltrainforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Magic

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks.
:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12