Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Go for it! I did a Google search and just as an FYI, there are actual towns named Hatchville, MA; Hatchville, WI and Hatch, UT and for the river in the photo that leads to the hatch area there is an actual river in Florida called the Caloosahatchie. (The river I actually knew about.)

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I actually have a Barbie house...and a camper...and a few of my Barbies from the late 60's. Just the wrong scale.
Maybe if I ever get a G scale garden layout I could incorporate them into the garden....🙄
My daughter had Barbie back in the day and even with G scale it would look like the old "Attack Of The 50' Woman" movie. :eek:

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Phone booths used to be everywhere. I remember always checking the receiver to make sure someone had not stuck gum to the ear piece. Struggling to get the change in to slot with frozen fingers, or being in a sauna during summer. Nice grab.
That brings back memories of when I was a kid in New York. I would go into every phone booth and see if any change was in the little cup on the bottom of the unit. Sometimes money would be returned in there for whatever reason. Back in the 50's finding 10 cents in the phones could buy an ice cream or soda.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
That's got to be from back in the 70's, maybe early 80's, thanks for posting. When the show first started it was called "Saturday Night" because Howard Cosell had a late night sports talk show called Saturday Night Live. This show would open with the line "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!" When Cosell's show folded they added the "Live" to the name.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
That trailer looks in great shape! Was it your grandparents trailer from when you were a kid? We used to go camping in a pop-up when my daughter was young then got back into it when the grandkids came along. Good times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts