Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good point about the gas station. This model was one of 10 buildings I picked off a train show table for $30, already built and used and abused, why am I trying so hard to make it work?
I suppose I already have invested some time to light it, painted the inside so light didn't bleed through the plastic, and I do have a prominant place on the layout where it fits logically at an intersection.
But I did make the base to fit that place so putting a different gas station on that footprint could work!
Starting over "is a option!"
Hmmmm, you sure got me thinking...now I have to find a scale correct and affordable gas station to be able to chuck all I did to get this far.
Thanks for your thoughts Magic, got to keep a open mind ....with an eye on the budget especially when everyone here on the forum, loves to spend my money! 😁
Or....you could place it in the back of the layout to give the illusion of enhanced distance, maybe?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks for the LED link Mike...still seeking bi directional too.
I have a electronic engineer relative looking into what I want to do, may be just a diode application problem.
My main issue is I want F7 cab and number plate on in any direction.
Candy, if you use a bridge rectifier between the input wires and the LED, it will work in DC for both forward and reverse.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ya after I finally got my electrical engineer connection to understand one LED was prefered he showed me the bridge rectifier circuit...I have a few 4004 and they should work fine....so wish we still had a Radio Shack around. Where am I gonna fine more if I need them...paying postage for simple components stinks!
I believe you could use a 1A 50V bridge rectifier and it would produce pretty bright lighting on a 12 - 16 v circuit. Maybe a DF005S might work. At current gas prices...shipping might not be too bad an idea, if you have to drive in Chicago traffic to any electronic store around. :oops:

·
Registered
264 Posts
YES!!!! And... if only I could find a scented candle to burn with that lovely dead fish smell, LOL!

Honestly... I hardly ever run my BLI paragon steamer... simply because I hate all the little random sounds, and the 3 times I have tried to set each individual sound's CV (one for volume, one for frequency of occurrence... Some CVs I don't even understand) all ended up with me getting so frustrated with the results, I would end up doing a factory reset and would start over with another tactic to plow through the sounds... only to fail again.

And I'm not about to fork out a bunch of money for a CV programmer just so I can bear to listen to this thing... I'd use it once and then would have no other use for it.

I will say, that of three three locos I have, I like the sounds from the Atlas offering that uses a LokSound decoder the best.
Stinky Candle Company - The Most Unique Candles In The World might meet your desire.... :oops: :LOL:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts