Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am here with yet another question.

Is Atlas HO track compatible with all other types of HO track? Will the clips fit the same?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jack (who actually knows all this stuff but wants to keep all of you working-job security :)).

·
Registered
74 Posts
There are different codes of ho scale track, usually track of the same code can be used. There are several brands of track that are on plastic roadbed, this type of track generally has to stay with the same brand.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are different codes of ho scale track, usually track of the same code can be used. There are several brands of track that are on plastic roadbed, this type of track generally has to stay with the same brand.

Dustin, thanks very much for the reply. All it says basically, is Patent Pending, 'B' or Patent Pending No 4, 260, 104, 'D'.

In any case, thanks again for the reply.

Jack

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dustin, thanks very much for the reply. All it says basically, is Patent Pending, 'B' or Patent Pending No 4, 260, 104, 'D'.

In any case, thanks again for the reply.

Jack

Okay Dustin and all, I don't want to pound this thread in the ground, so here is what I hope is my final question.

I have been all over looking at HO track, and the more I look, the more I get confused. So many manufacturers, and so many styles.

What I want to mostly use is ordinary run of the mill HO track, but would like the straight sections to be three footers, to avoid so many joints.

I will dress up the track on the sides with gravel and elevation anyway, so just the least expensive, but good HO track.

Sorry to ramble so much on this, but will need track very soon, and don't want to bid on or outright buy the wrong stuff.

Thanks for any additional help.

Jack

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
What I want to mostly use is ordinary run of the mill HO track, but would like the straight sections to be three footers, to avoid so many joints.Jack

Use 3 foot sections of flex track, and use a straightedge to keep them straight while laying them For your purpose, I think Atlas code 100 would work just fine.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I use all Code 100 myself. I like the look of the Code 83 better, but I kind of like the height of Code 100 (I know Code 83 is more prototypical). Code 100 has always been readily available at the local hobby store, so it is what I tend to use.

Chad

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all. First of all I will congratulate Lester.

Secondly, I would like to thank all who replied to my questions. I do appreciate the replys, and they did help a lot.

Jack

P.S. Lookout next year guys, no more 'Mr. Nice Guy'. I will be gunnin for that prize. I don't want much, I'll just settle for a nice set of HO Sante Fe metal passengers to go with my two Sante Fe Diesels. I can see those cars already. Better get em packaged up. :) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts