Model Train Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yep, which explains the mess the country is in, nobody seems to care.

This page seems to be spot on to our situation in this country. I think we're entering Stage 7. Sad for the younger generations, they'll never know what they missed.

The Eight Stages of the Rise and Fall of Civilizations
How I interpret the 8 stages, John, is that at least half our society is already entrenched in the seventh stage and well on the way to quickly entraping all of us in the eighth stage and it might not take more than a couple of generations to be fully entrenched there. Certainly not in my lifetime will I see it but for the children just being born. I'd say it's likely a given for them to be a part of stage 8 before they depart this good earth.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
716 Posts
sounds like the house we live next door to. they have been doing landscape for 10 years and it is still dirt.
That's certainly a gamble of not living in an "co-op" community. I see the calculation as simply as a matter of how much autonomy and freedom you want vs how much comfort and amenities you want. Modified of course by the factors of what you are able/willing to pay and what you're willing to put up with.

In the city there are certain codes for grass, weeds, trash, etc that you can rely on to keep things relatively clean in most areas, but there are alot of things you can't rely on and you figure that into the housing costs. If you happen to live as I do in an area with numerous vacant lots and buildings, you just can't rely on that kind of upkeep and the crap does pileup. On the other hand, property taxes are fantastically low compared to the burbs, there's lots to do and and appreciation is pretty good.

Different flavors indeed.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts