Model Train Forum banner

HObbyline Morrisvile PA

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  johnboy 
#1 ·
John English made some petty detailed kits and finished products back in the day. In fact, Lionel purchased tooling from HObbyline and used those models as the basis for their HO products during the 1960s.

I grew up about a mile from his facility and have a vague recollection of this location but 60 years have passed and that's about all I have.....a vague recollection. And of course much has changed in the surrounding area.

Does anyone have any photos, or can you direct me to any photos of the building. I've long since moved away but return annually and would like to see if the building still stands.

Thanks

Discussion starter · #3 · (Edited)
Perhaps you could check it out on one of your annual visits....? :confused:
Problem is I dont remember exactly where it was, and with all the construction that has taken place in the past 60 years, it could have been torn down, modified, or incorporated in another building.

And having only a vague recollection of what it looked like originally, I'm lost.

Even a street address would might help

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Thanks

I've been "away" from the form for awhile bothered by a number of medical issues, but appreciate all the replies.

I do have a good bit of information about the man, his company, and how many of his designs were subsequently used by other companies including Lionel.

However in all his catalogs, ads,etc., I could never find a street address. Granted, Morrisville was and still is a small town, but not displaying the full address in outside communication would still be unusual.

No big deal if I don't find it, but I am curious to see if the building still exists.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.