Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the O gauge Lionel Hogwarts train set and the two add on coaches.

I have not run it yet. I was wondering about the operation of this locomotive. Do Lionchief equipped locos only operate with the provided remote?

They don’t operate in a convention mode with a transformer, do they?

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine runs with regular transformer on my regular layout, no problem, I turn it on and increase power to max of 18 volts, train will light up and idle sound, the get the remote, turn on remote and bell, whistle, and throttle work,

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
LionChief - Provided remote only

LionChief + & LionChief + 2.0 - Remote or conventional

The chart is in the current Lionel catalog.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Did you add a cruise board to that loco as well as the super chuffer?

·
Admin
43,213 Posts
I added cruise, Railsounds, fan driven smoke, and of course the Super-Chuffer and Chuff-Generator. One thing I didn't get to was lighting the lanterns on the pilot, I did that for a customer upgrade and I want to do it to mine. :)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I added cruise, Railsounds, fan driven smoke, and of course the Super-Chuffer and Chuff-Generator. One thing I didn't get to was lighting the lanterns on the pilot, I did that for a customer upgrade and I want to do it to mine. :)
Do the conversions you installed result in a “conventional “ engine or do you still need the LC remote to run it?

Tom

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Do the conversions you installed result in a “conventional “ engine or do you still need the LC remote to run it?

Tom
Tom, that loco would now be controlled via TMCC with the ERR upgrade... So it would be command mode using the CAB2.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, okay. I am not really up on the terminology and names used in the various upgrades.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts