Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hold Those Repairs!!
M.T.H. To Cease Issuing RA's For 60 Days
April 7, 2021 - The M.T.H. Service Department will cease issuing return authorizations (RA's) this week for 60 days as we transition the service and parts department to a new division and location in the Baltimore metro area. The transition is occurring as M.T.H. prepares for Mike Wolf's retirement later this year. More information on the transition will be announced via the M.T.H. website and E-Newsletters throughout the Spring of 2021.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I am between layouts. I have a lot of new MTH but by the time I run them they will be out of warranty. I have never had put of box failures anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hard to know what the future holds. MTH is being dismantled in a fragmented fashion and the plan seems to change, as one would expect, with realities on the ground. How it all turns out is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I wasn't really surprised to get the email from MTH about the 60 day hold. They have to vacate the building and it does take time to get set up in a new location.

·
Registered
149 Posts
MTH= the new RMT
Still finding new stock years later....

The MTH going out of of business sale- new engines announced every week.
They aren't going out of business, just changing the business model- sell the building, unload the staff, keep selling more trains from a garage- heck, maybe even Mike's original van again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts