Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my class 37 showed up.. looks and runs great.. (only have a Christmas layout to test things on, but am slowly gathering supplies for a bigger better one.. anyhoo... thought that while was in the train box anyways, I would take a few comparison photos of the 37, alongside the class 55 and the 25.. also threw in my only other diesel (a shunter) ( I think the 125 is considered diesel electric, so its not shown) ok here ya go... for those that dont know.. the 55 is biggest, then 37, although they look similar, and the 25 has the flat nose..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I like those little 0-6-0 Diesel shunters. The black British Rail version is somewhat hard to find in new condition. Nice collection you have there...

Tom

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. mine is immaculate... took a while of googling to find out why the rear coupler looked so odd.. apparently its auto uncoupling, the hook on back is attached to a counter weighted arm in cabin and rapid braking activates it to lift hook and uncouple when you pull away again. Pretty neat actually, just wish I had a box for it..

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Most of my OO is Hornby, and I have a class 25 and a class 37. I also have a Tri-ang class 37 that is virtually identical to the Hornby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts