Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized now I have the decoder wired backwards so my lights don't go on right. It says I can change cv29 bit 0 to 1 to invert direction. How do you change that with programming???
I don't know how to do the bit thing.
Thanks
nrscroller

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
In binary, bit 0 is the ones place. Add 1 to whatever value is currently programmed in CV 29. You'll need a system or a tester that can read back CV values to do that.

·
Registered
762 Posts
There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary numbers; and those who don't. :D

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
just add 1 to the value already in there for cv29 ....
if you can't read CV29, then a calculator for CV29 will come in handy ...
you don't actually change 1 bit in binary, you change the full value of CV29 in ascii

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
It seems to me that Nscroller is asking how you
actually change the CV.

Your DCC manual should tell you how to do this.
Tell us the DCC system that you have and a user
of that system can give you step by step how to's.

Don

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
If you are correct, Don, I agree. He must acquire a manual, even if going to the DCC site for his model and downloading the PDF file. But, once he knows how to effect the change to CV's, the calculator will tell him which value he needs. When he gets the value, he gets the right bits and doesn't need to know what they are. He just needs to enter programming mode, and he must choose the right one to change CV29 on the main, acquire CV29 on his display, dial in the correct value, press enter, exit programming mode, and he's off to the races.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts