Model Train Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You can purchase ESU decoders that already have the speaker included and attached to the card Makes it a simple matter of plugging it into your NEM 652 socket.

Most retailers that sell ESU decoders have the programmer and will program the appropriate sound file at no cost to the customer.

When you select one of the Loksound decoders there is sometimes a dropbox available that will list the available sound files.

Sometimes you will have to visit the ESU website and find the number of the sound file and enter that file number in a box on the order page so the retailer knows which file to program to the decoder.

Thank you!! I will look into this option! Would you have a website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you!! I think I found one I like & with the sound bit I like! Again thank you all!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you have any questions that aren't answered here, get in touch with Tony's Trains. They are very knowledgeable and user friendly, and their prices are ultra competitive. I bought an NCE Power Cab from them at a bargain price and got all kinds of of help and guidance for free. The Power Cab is an excellent starter unit that won't break the bank and has all the necessary features for basic DCC operation. And it's easily upgraded. Good luck!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Could this be used on my locos? Would it be a easy install, or a bit of a challenge?? Just a bit nervous on pulling the trigger

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
21 - 29 of 29 Posts