Model Train Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Hey Pete, hear about the woman who went to the doc because she had stamps in her who ha?
Turned out they were the stickers off Chiquita bananas

Just sayin'

·
Registered
277 Posts
While we are in a humorous mood, here's one that really struck me as funny....

An 80-year-old man goes for a physical.
All of his tests come back with normal results. The doctor
says, “George, everything looks great. How are you doing mentally and
emotionally? Are you at peace with God?”

George replies, “God and I are tight.
He knows I have poor eyesight, so he’s fixed it so when I get
up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, poof!
The light goes on. When I’m done, poof! the light goes off.”

“Wow, that’s incredible,” the doctor says.
A little later in the day, the doctor calls George’s wife. “Ethel,”
he says, “George is doing fine! But I had to call you because I’m in awe of his relationship with God.
Is it true that he gets up during the night and poof! the light goes on in the bathroom,
and when he’s done, poof! the light goes off?”

Oh my God!” Ethel exclaims. “He’s peeing in the refrigerator again!

·
Registered
48 Posts
This thread is living proof you can find anything in the world in this forum! RE shoes...I have so many layout problems to fix, I would never find time to even look at my shoes, let alone fix them!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Well things just got worse. :mad:

Split Shoe.jpg

The toe repair is holding up just fine but this new problem caused a major crisis.
I'm completely redoing the rail yard and need more turnouts. The question was new shoes or new turnouts? :dunno: Guess what won.
Fixed shoe.jpg

Hope this holds until I can collect some more Aluminum cans. :D

Magic

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
I tagged the thread so others can benefit from the discussion. :p

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well they say bad luck comes in threes, and correct they were. :mad:
glasses.jpg

Wiring under the layout, put glasses on floor and elbow on glasses. :eek:

Also one quick question, how long do you preheat a microwave before you put the TV dinner in? :confused::confused:
I tried using the oven for a TV dinner yesterday but the box caught fire. :(:(

I guess the wife packed up and left sometime last week shortly after I repaired one of her shoes, just noticed yesterday. :dunno: :eek:hwell:

I can't be the only one with these issues, come on and share so I don't feel like the odd man out.

Magic

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
HaHa! You don't have to preheat the microwave,you should take the dinner out of the box before cooking and get the wife back right away. It's cheaper to live with her than without her. Besides your going to burn your house down anyway so go get her some new shoes at a thrift shop somewhere and lock your train room. The wife may slip in there and sell all your trains just for spite. Ha! Pete

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well the food finely gave out. :mad: Had to head to the general store and stock up on provisions. After I got the car battery charged up again I set out on my quest.

A newfangled thing called a supermarket had everything I needed. ;) ;)
With a car full of food and drink I set out to find some new shoes. :smilie_daumenpos:

Strange as it may seem neither Home Depot nor Lowes carry shoes. :eek:
But fortune smiled on me as right across the street from Lowes was a big complex full of stores. :thumbsup::thumbsup: What will they think of next. Look a shoe store. ;)

End result
New Shoes.jpg
You know what they say An ounce of prevention.........

Final resting place for the old friends. Buried them right next to the wif.... oops:D
Old shoes.jpg

Now I can get back to the TRAINS

Magic

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Wow! Look at the treads on those shoes, you could climb Mt. Everest with them. Look like snow/mud treads to me. Are they made by Firestone or Goodyear? Well anyway congratulations on the big buy and now you can have dry feet for the spring and summer.
So show us what else you bought for survival. Pete

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Wow! Look at the treads on those shoes, you could climb Mt. Everest with them. Look like snow/mud treads to me. Are they made by Firestone or Goodyear? Well anyway congratulations on the big buy and now you can have dry feet for the spring and summer.
So show us what else you bought for survival. Pete
You don't want to go to Everest right now. :(
http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/See-Dramatic-Mount-Everest-Avalanche-Photos/231622211861/Comcast/TopVideoClips/?cid=newsmod_sf_everest

You could have still used the shoe laces!:eek::p

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Wow! Look at the treads on those shoes, you could climb Mt. Everest with them. Look like snow/mud treads to me. Are they made by Firestone or Goodyear?
They say "Goodyear All terrain" on the bottom. I figure that when I go over Donner Summit and they have chain control up I can just show them my shoes and I'm good to go. :D

Magic

21 - 37 of 37 Posts