Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Me, I am in the minority here, but I power my lights off my DCC system. Everything on my layout is powered and controlled by the DCC system, with stationary decoders.

I make changes via JMRI as far as intensity, effect, etc, most of the time. But every now and then, I will in fact simply change CV values of the devices also(simply so I don't forget the values and how to do it).

LED, imho, for longevity, is the way to go.. If you can..

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,637 Posts
Lighter fluid and a match has always worked well for me! :D :eek:

·
Registered
890 Posts
<$15 is hard to beat if you need something like that. I'll certainly add it to my 'possible' list.

I'm capable of building my own, but for the price for 'plug and play' it looks like a good item. I'd try it for the price.

ADDED: I just looked at the installation instructions for this and the larger controllers they have. I'd buy this in a heartbeat if (and when) I need to add lights. I'm looking into adding street lights and this would be perfect and the price is right.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Viessmann lighting wired to either track power or a separate supply.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I am old, old school.
I light my buildings interior with short strings of mini-Christmas lights.
6 or 7 in series connected to toy transformer AC accessory terminals and/or wall wart.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am old, old school.
I light my buildings interior with short strings of mini-Christmas lights.
6 or 7 in series connected to toy transformer AC accessory terminals and/or wall wart.
Me too, but I bought that electronic control anyway. Got to experiment with it.

Street lights will be 1890 era for one section fluorescents (simulated) for another.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I use 20 mA or 30 mA micro bulbs for the use of 12 V to 18 V ~ AC power.
I use 3 circuits for house lighting for day, evening and night lights.

From Power Pack is coming 16 V ~ AC for using switch machines or double coil elektromangetic motors to switch turnouts or semaphore signals.

Maybe a little old school in the modern world but works very well for me.

Ya Ingo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts