Model Train Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, let's see if I got this straight- Amazon.com; started and run from the Soviet People's Republic of Washington State wasn't progressive enough for NYC? :confused:

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Ok, let's see if I got this straight- Amazon.com; started and run from the Soviet People's Republic of Washington State wasn't progressive enough for NYC? :confused:
Whatever it is, if it was not invented in and is not run from NYC, people there don't like it.

Amazon, the 20th century's Sears, will find someone else more willing to have the jobs and the activity, trust me. It will really be NYC's loss.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I know what the "Official" story is but(And this is just my take on it) I think it is more of hate of the Owner. I could be wrong but NYC just see a couple Billion dollars and 20,000 jobs just "Fly the coop" and someone else is going to benefit from it.( I hope they come up this way)

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
We're straying into politics here, but one person who was happy was AOC. She said "Today was the day a group of dedicated, everyday New Yorkers and their neighbors defeated Amazon's corporate greed, its worker exploitation, and the power of the richest man in the world. Clearly not a fan of Amazon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.