Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you looking to repower a loco please note the NWSL is closing its doors in Aug and is right now accepting no new orders so what you may need for your repowering or drive line changes will only be found now in Hobby shops ,dealer and from outside sources.

·
Registered
9,452 Posts
Yes, that's gonna be a big step backwards for the hobby. I hope they change their mind and decide to sell it instead of liquidating it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The owner states that he would be willing to sell it , but as of yet has had no offers.
This is almost the same sad thing that happened to Grandlt , but atleast someone stepped in and bought some or most of it I hope?

·
Registered
9,452 Posts
a friend of mine is considering buying some of the gearing tools.
What made NWSL so awesome was the amazing assortment of stuff available at one site. It's not nearly as convenient if the inventory and tooling gets sold off piecemeal, even if the purchasers sell the same products.

·
Registered
40 Posts
NWSL has been taken over by an employee and should be back soon.

NorthWest Short Line Press Release
For Immediate Release (August 19, 2019)

NorthWest Short Line is pleased to announce that the entire line has been acquired by an NWSL employee, effective September 3rd, 2019. All existing back orders will be filled, and NWSL will be open to new orders as soon as the new websites are rolled out; the primary website nwsl.com will carry forward as the primary contact point. The line is expected to carry forward largely unchanged although the company will no longer offer phone support. NWSL will be headquartered in Kila, Montana, located near Kalispell, and the new address is PO Box 219, Kila, MT 59920. Email contact is through the website.
​NorthWest Short Line
PO Box 1349
Hamilton, MT 59840 USA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts