Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And was plesantly surprised on the amount of O Gauge vendors and companies in attendance. Also quite a few of small hobby shops had booths set up. HO and N still was the majority of booths but it was an enjoyable train show to attend. A few photos of the vendors. Lionel, MTH, and Bachmann had large booths set-up with operating displays & layouts.

Bill

P1040002.JPG

P1040004.JPG

P1040007.JPG

P1040008.JPG

P1040009.JPG

P1040010.JPG

P1040011.JPG

P1040012.JPG

P1040017.JPG

P1040018.JPG

P1040041.JPG

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Looks like a great show. So much to look at!

Tom

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
They skipped Chicago this year, good for my wallet and the back of my legs as there are usually plenty of young families with strollers and I must be a pretty good target!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I saw some lionel orange & blue boxes there. did you happen to ask if lionel is keeping the orange & blue?
Lionel can do as they wish, and I don't have any inside information, BUT the only white and blue Lionel boxes I've seen are the ones specifically made for the budget priced traditional rolling stock 6-packs, which have been like that for nearly 4 years now, starting with the first introduction gondola 6-packs.

Though those had an end that lifted up and could be folded over, showing the Lionel logo. Obviously intended for over-the-counter display and thus separate sale. I don't know if the newer 6 pack boxes (other than color) are the same way.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Lionel can do as they wish, and I don't have any inside information, BUT the only white and blue Lionel boxes I've seen are the ones specifically made for the budget priced traditional rolling stock 6-packs, which have been like that for nearly 4 years now, starting with the first introduction gondola 6-packs.

Though those had an end that lifted up and could be folded over, showing the Lionel logo. Obviously intended for over-the-counter display and thus separate sale. I don't know if the newer 6 pack boxes (other than color) are the same way.
were you at this show?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm looking forward to attending here in Minneapolis later this winter. Mostly to see some really good layouts from area clubs that I don't see at the other much smaller shows. It is a good show to get families out. When I went one year in Northern Virginia, there were literally traffic jams coming from the main artery road going into the conference center complex. That is great exposure to our hobby.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Looks like a good show though the crowd looks like York on Saturday.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like a good show though the crowd looks like York on Saturday.
Hi Denny, I was there when the show started, not to crowded. When I left after lunch the place was packing them in. Got tired of doddging the little ones and strollers.

Bill

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thanks for the photos, Bill. I've never been to one of their shows, but plan to attend the one scheduled for 2/15 and 2/16 in Hampton, VA. I'll take some photos and report back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts