Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I went back to school at 60. I got a little bored, my landlord pissed me off, and i decided to do something about it.
so.
I am writing the paralegal bar exam on Sept. 1.

wish me luck.
guess I should actually do some studying.

Registered
Carolyn, I got the feeling you are making your own luck! But, good luck, anyway!
I foresee no obstacles... 馃ぃ Study if you feel the need... When are your trains due in?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Carolyn, I got the feeling you are making your own luck! But, good luck, anyway!
I foresee no obstacles... 馃ぃ Study if you feel the need... When are your trains due in?
not sure. in a couple of weeks, I think, just an engine, and some track.

Registered
I got an A.A. degree as a legal assistant more than 40 years ago (1979), but never worked a day in that field.

I got hired as a fireman on the railroad instead...:)

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
lol. I was offered a job at the phone company in my late 20's.(1980's) never worked in an office before, so I asked to be a repairman. was told women don't do that.
became the first woman repairman, ever.
I still have never worked in an office, so this paralegal thing will be interesting.

Registered
lol. I was offered a job at the phone company in my late 20's.(1980's) never worked in an office before, so I asked to be a repairman. was told women don't do that.
became the first woman repairman, ever.
I still have never worked in an office, so this paralegal thing will be interesting.
I believe the politically correct term would be Repairperson. You have to be careful in the legal profession.:oops:;)

Registered
The word "man" is disappearing from our language...firefighter, police officer, mail deliverer, member of Congress, repair technician, etc. I always thought we should have a "mun" suffix for such words. I've noticed lately that our substitute mail deliverer is a female mailmun.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
The word "man" is disappearing from our language...firefighter, police officer, mail deliverer, member of Congress, repair technician, etc. I always thought we should have a "mun" suffix for such words. I've noticed lately that our substitute mail deliverer is a female mailmun.
how about: mailma'm?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts