Model Train Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
C.C.R. "Keep on Chooglin" Especially the CD featuring the live concert in Oakland.
Creedence Clearwater Revival LIVE in Oakland, CA January 1970

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Hah well I like all that stuff, but anything from about mid 60s through the 70s maybe into the early 80s I've heard so much I don't seek it out now. But I mean that's just a start. While I can't say I'm a fan of what I call "rock country" I do like some old timey country and blue grass even more. Then of course raggae, blues, old jazz, classical.. even I can appreciate the "hits" of opera with you know the 4 tenors. Oh wait there's big band and "crooner" music. The list surely goes on...

But really the thing is I don't seek it out now. I do have a stack of CDs. I never play any of it. Then some old albums.. no turntable. Live? I can't think the of the last time...

I do listen to the radio some. There's a station here that has a "AAA" format. They are out of a university. Because they are a kind of public radio in which they solicit donations it took me awhile to realize the kids don't listen to it's ... It's the "old folks" of a certain era.

Anyway if you look up the term "AAA radio" on Wikipedia you'll see they play kinda anything yet shy away from the well worn track of yore or even today...with exceptions.

While I believe for example I have heard say stairway to heaven on it...

It was probably in comparison to some obscure cover by some other famous band outside the genre for a kind of fun or something like that.

Now I like this station because it's all over the map like that but my wife hates it so there ya go.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Crimson and clover?
Over and over?
I do remember Crimson and Clover, It was OK. I googled Stairway to Heaven and Stranglehold. I wasn't a Led Zeppelin fan and don't know who Ted Nugent is/was. As I said, it was after my time.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Wow, I have so many favorite songs, but:
Pancho and Lefty - Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard, or Rosanne Cash does it well, too.
Wrapped Around Your Finger - The police, great song but I particularly love the video that focuses on their drummer, Stewart Copeland, during the entire song. Wow.
Highwayman - by the Highwaymen
Miracles - The Starship

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
... I googled Stairway to Heaven ..
Wow.

Some stat's (from Wiki) ...

The most requested song by FM radio station listeners
Number 31 on Rolling Stones magazine's list of the 500 greatest songs of all time
Number 3 on VH1's list of the 100 greatest rock songs of all time
After 20 years it logged close to 3 million radio plays despite never having been released as a single
Guitar magazine's greatest rock guitar solo

and the beat goes on ...

You didn't have to be a Led Zeppelin fan to be inundated with Stairway to Heaven. You know we landed Americans on the moon, right? :)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It's a semi ripoff of an unheard song by most of band they toured with... But they won in court. Taurus spirit. Well everyone borrows from something.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Notably absent is Apollo 13... oh yeah, Hollywood faked that one with Tom Hanks... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Yeah, I knew you were kidding, but I thought I’d post that interesting photo anyway......many folks probably don’t know that they have been back in the moon‘s orbit to take pictures of the landing sites....

21 - 36 of 36 Posts