Model Train Forum banner

I need help

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Big Ed 
#1 ·
I have an old lionel I dont know the model. But when I put it on my track it didnt want to work. So I was messing around with it. And I hit the horn botton on my transformer and the train moved forword. when I hit the bell botton the train goes in reverse. whats going on.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Sorry about the lack of info, I am new to working on trains I owned them before. This is my first time buying used trains.

My transformer is a lionel CW-80 powering a newer lionel quick together track. I have 2 other trains that run on the track a Lionel harry potter edition and a 1998 MTH Chessie system.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
BigTrucker,

Some more detail would help. Is there a number on the side of that Lionel? If not, can you post a few pics of it? It would help the HO guys work with you. Also, please describe what kind of transformer you're using. Do you have other locomotives that currently work well on the track? Any information you can add will make it easier for people to help you. This is kind of like when my girlfriend calls me and says, "My car just quit on me---what do you think is wrong with it?" The more information you can provide, the better people can work with you.

The number on the side of the trains is 8625. thats all I can see

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.