Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
............there's a train show coming up.

OK, all, I need some help here. There's a small train show that ALWAYS has some nice stuff coming up this weekend and I've already spent my allowance for the next couple of months. So, I dug out a few engines and a switch that I got thinking the deal it was in was all Code 100. Anyway, the SWMBO(She Who Must Be Obeyed) says I cannot get another advance on my allowance. You all can sympathize with me, right?

So to get a little spending money I've listed some stuff on eBay. There are (3)powered Athearn BB Geeps, (1)dummy Geep, and an Atlas #561 LH #4 NS Custom Line turnout, new old stock in manufacturer's package.

The engines have very little, if any, rail time. They are equipped with Kadees. And all railings are intact. One is missing a horn, another has the horn loose in the box. They have been tested and do run but need some lube and a bit of rail time. They really don't fit my layout and I'd like to see them go to someone that would appreciate them and run them. They belonged to my Dad, who passed away in 1999, and I'm sure he would like them running on someone's layout.

The engines:
Powered
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270538889039&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270538891101&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270538896890&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

The Dummy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270538893544&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

The Switch:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270538902945&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Now, if I can get some bids on these BEFORE Saturday, SWMBO just may hand me some extra spendin' money. She's like that. So, help a fella out and bid often(and high). Mo' money means Mo' train stuff for ol' Bob.

Bob

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
*LOL* "She Who Must Be Obeyed"....Haggard, or Rumpole of the Bailey?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I thought it was just me... says "the listing was removed" when you click on it.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neither, Reckers. At my house, if SHE ain't happy, nobody's happy. And don't stand there and tell me you don' know what I mean...............

But, I must say I have it better than many. She actually "works on the railroad" too. She's the "crafty" one.

Bob

·
Registered
356 Posts
this may be a stupid question, but the CSX dummy loco, is that a loco without any power to it, so that you can have it connected to another engine and make it look like you have more power to hull freight cars?

probably not a stupid question, just one that makes me look like I haven't the slightest clue at what I am doing.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
In that case, you're a fortunate man and found a jewel. And I do understand that "If she ain't happy" part.
Here's something I heard, once---since I don't write in chinese, I can't verify it. if it's incorrect, I ask forgiveness from anyone who knows better and wants to rip my throat out.

Anyway, here goes:
1. Chinese writing is pictographic; i.e, there are picture-symbols that convey ideas.
2. The pictograph for house is two vertical lines---walls---with two angled lines above the walls that form a simple roof. Two walls and a roof means house.
3. The idea "home" is conveyed with the house pictorgraph, but it also has a single, vertical line drawn inside the house---a woman. A woman in the house makes it a home.
4. Finally, the pictograph for the word "trouble" is the same, except it has two vertical lines: two women in one house means trouble.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reckers, you do realize that the word "woman" is a shortened dialectic of the term "woe to man". Damn shame you can't live with 'em and you can't live without 'em. Mine's a peach though. A match made in Heaven. She loves to cook and I love to eat.

She even cleans the fish!!!!! All I gotta do is catch 'em. Gotta love that!!!!! Even helps me gather nightcrawlers!!!! I know I sometimes under-appreciate her. Just don't tell her I'm speaking good of her. She might think I like her or sumthin'.

I was a sweetie recently. I bought her a $1200 tennis bracelet that I gave her yesterday, for no particular reason, and she doesn't even play tennis.

Bob

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
*grins* In that case, find her an handsome tennis instructor and arrange for lessons. With any luck, you'll get lots of additional train time out of the deal!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
By the way, Bob, you need to start collecting some S scale. I'm in need of an S scale owner who has steam engines he's desperate to part with. My friendship can be bought.

Just thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everything sold but the CSX "dummy". I'm gonna try to find a good powered chassis and relist it. Got $30+ out of the black engines. I'll use an Athearn powered chassis.

I've got some more to put on. Just have to decide if I want to let them go. Both are Erie-Lackawanna powered engines, one a GP38 and the other a GP9 high nose. Both in great shape.

And I did good at the train show. I'll be posting on the "Get Anything New" forum later. In fact, the better half spent MORE than I did!!!!

Bob

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Good for you! I love the "Dear, you spent more than me!" negotiating position. Glad to hear you got some goodies and didn't get 20 lashes when you got home!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts