Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congratulations!!! I always think work is somewhat over-rated. No one on their deathbed wishes “I wish I worked more”... cheers

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Unfortunately, I think your retirement will be short lived. Would you trust anyone else to run the company that produces your new invention, the Pennyweight Magnetic Pan Balance Division of LW Industries?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Congratulations. You'll still have plenty of things besides trains to usurp your interest and time. Trust me, it'll happen, and very shortly. The battle and longing continue...

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Congratulations Lee. 53 years is a long time. I have 3 1/2 years to go, then I will probably retire... maybe not...

Tom

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Ahhh, no worries of layoffs or furloughs, no deciding when to schedule vacation, no more butt-chewings or chewing butts, nice steady income (so long as the govt leaves pensions and social security alone), no more hustling off to work in the morning, no more fighting rush-hour traffic (twice a day). Retirement IS all it's cracked up to be! Congratulations!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I retired Sept 2018. I've suffered retirement interuptus twice now. First for radiation treatment for prostate cancer recurrence, and now this coronavirus thing. In between we did get a trip to Yellowstone (the wife and I). We had an Alaska Cruise scheduled for this June, but that obviously was canceled.

My advice - do not hesitate to do something you want to do. In retirement time is your most important commodity.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts