Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a set of 3 standard gauge 31 series pax cars. They were repainted, decaled, and a previous owner had acquired trucks with wheels, and couplers.

I want to obtain the screws, rivets, washers, nuts or whatever is needed to attach the trucks and couplers and roofs but dispite spending about 2 hours searching have found nothing.

i did notice some sites that sold SG parts but was still unable to determine if they had what I need.

Any help with an exact link to a site would be very helpful. Thank you

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try
Try Brasseur Over 12,000 Lionel, K-Line, MTH train parts and more!

Or Hennings HENNING'S TRAINS

If you don’t see what you want on line, give them a call/email/submit contact form. I’ve found both places to be helpful.

I would add Olsen’s, but they don’t seem to be up at the moment.
Thanks for the response.

I tried Brasseur and they have no standard gauge parts of any kind???

I also looked at Hennings but was unable to find anything there either

·
Yard Master & Research
10,580 Posts
A price guide has 31,32, passenger cars built between 1921 and 1925. On my CD at 1924 the cars used 500 series trucks and 100 series before. So you need to identify the trucks. You will have to show part dealers pictures of what you have and ask. I would use Olsens to identify and wait for them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A price guide has 31,32, passenger cars built between 1921 and 1925. On my CD at 1924 the cars used 500 series trucks and 100 series before. So you need to identify the trucks. You will have to show part dealers pictures of what you have and ask. I would use Olsens to identify and wait for them.
I guess I'll need to take photos and send emails. I don't know if I have 500 or 100 trucks. They are definitely repros so I thought it it would be a simple matter to look up the trucks or car numbers and find the hardware to attach them. I was able to determine that I had 31 series cars so I tried searching for parts using that criteria but again, no luck.

One thing I did notice was that the mounting hole in the truck is smaller than the hole in the passenger car floor so maybe I have incorrect trucks.

I'll take some pic and see if I get a response from the sources you and others suggested.

Like I said, I thought this would be easy! :confused:

·
Yard Master & Research
10,580 Posts
Standard and Prewar have great strides in public information. It will take some more time.
It doesn't help us that we lost our Prewar expert. Teledoc , Jerry was the best.
You need a manual on them for parts reference. Years ago you belonged to a club and had contacts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts