Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, can you guess the model year?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here it was just after I finished the restoration, probably sometime around 1994. I am hoping for some current pictures from my son who currently has the car. If I get them, I'll add some detail about the process.

EE50A78F-613B-4082-8155-B3CDBD4110E7.jpeg

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on Spence! It is a '66, although I took some liberties during the restoration. I once had a '65 and was partial to some of it's features versus the changes Ford made for the '66. It was a fun project, and I was much younger back when this took place.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This one started out as a Plain Jane, Wimbledon White, 289 V8, 2V, automatic. No PS, no AC, no PB, all drum brakes, and an A M radio. Very basic. It was sold in the first quarter of 1967, and although manufactured as a 1966, it was titled as a 1967. I guess rules back then were a bit lax.

When I purchased it in 1988, it had been badly painted Ivy Green and nothing else had ever been done to it. I think it had about 78K miles at that time. It was rough, to put it mildly. I started out underneath with the suspension. Upon attempting to burn out the front bolts of the rear leaf springs, the interior of the car caught fire and managed too increase the amount of work I had to do. (by a lot)

I gathered parts at swap meets for a couple of years and began in earnest in 1991 on the resto. Lots of replacement sheetmetal, all repops since any original equipment was way too costly and mostly factory seconds or thirds, stuff that couldn't be sold back in the day.

More to come.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts