Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. HarryW here. New to the group. Thought I would start with a question I have never found an answer to. I have some old metal (O gauge?) telephone poles. They are yellow painted metal with dark red tops about 8 1/2” tall. Any ideas?

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Welcome to the site, your in luck. Last week I was searching for O scale poles and ran across them.
They were made by A.R. Fergusson Mfg. Co. Prewar Telegraph pole made in the 20's.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
I guess this answer was not good enough?
Maybe this was a test?
OH well, I try............... :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the site, your in luck. Last week I was searching for O scale poles and ran across them.
They were made by A.R. Fergusson Mfg. Co. Prewar Telegraph pole made in the 20's.
View attachment 539723
Just wanted to thank you for your help on identifying the yellow telephone poles. To be honest I have had a bit of trouble negotiating this site. Sorry about the delayed response. Hopefully I have it figured out. Anyway thanks again.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Just wanted to thank you for your help on identifying the yellow telephone poles. To be honest I have had a bit of trouble negotiating this site. Sorry about the delayed response. Hopefully I have it figured out. Anyway thanks again.
OK, I thought you might be mad because I answered so quick. :)
Like I said, the week before I was looking for O scale telegraph poles and ran across them. Being me I got to know everything I can I found out the info on them. I got me a decent deal on 6 Lionel O71's poles. I am looking for 6 or so more.

An easy way to find your threads (which are called discussions here)
When you log on look up top "upper right".
Click on your avatar, it is the "big H" up there as you didn't put anything in yet.
Then you will see "my discussions". This is where all the topics you started are.
( you will only see one as you only started one)
Next to that is the "participated discussions".
This is where any thread you said something in is.
I don't think you have been anywhere but this thread so far so you won't see anything there.

So for your thread this one just click the avatar upper right, then click my discussions and it will show you all your topics threads that you started.

When I log on I hit the "new" upper right.
Then I click new posts that were made to see the new ones since I logged off.
Then I will click the popular.

This format is new to me I am still learning to navigate the site, and I am using a computer.
So someone using a phone? I may not be able to help as I never used a phone for online forums.

If you want to start a thread on O, upper left click forums the scroll down to O forums
After you click on the O look upper right and you will see a pencil and start discussion.
Click on that and start your O thread on whatever.

If you need to know just ask, someone should be able to help you out.
We are still all learning this format, well most of us are. Some other sites use the same format so some might be more familiar with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts