Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Thanks for posting all the pictures from your trip. It has been enjoyable to see them. The ITS engine must have run recently because the tops of the rails are polished. A coworker of mine worked at the GE plant in Erie Pa. many years ago. When executives from HQ were scheduled to visit the plant engine operators were sent out to "polish the rails" by running engines back and forth over the tracks. Within two weeks the rails would be rusted again.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for posting all the pictures from your trip. It has been enjoyable to see them. The ITS engine must have run recently because the tops of the rails are polished. A coworker of mine worked at the GE plant in Erie Pa. many years ago. When executives from HQ were scheduled to visit the plant engine operators were sent out to "polish the rails" by running engines back and forth over the tracks. Within two weeks the rails would be rusted again.
That’s actually the sun glare, rails were pretty brown, the locomotive was in nice condition, I’m assuming their traffic is sporadic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts