Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would mention here how much images help with a DIY or other story ...
Most people [me included] seem to understand better if there are some images with the story .. simple enough ..)
That's it, lol

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just thought I would mention here how much images help with a DIY or other story ...
Most people [me included] seem to understand better if there are some images with the story .. simple enough ..)
That's it, lol
New guy here testing the system and thought I would use your post to do so.

Many forums require a waiting period before pictures are allowed. BOTS etc.

So if this happens, it's a picture of one of my old layouts, sold intact many years ago. I gathered it up to see what power supplies I used at the time.

Edit add...Hey it worked. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
The one on the right is the ubiquitous MRC Tech II, mine has 3 switches, yours has 4. Must be a more advanced model! I don't recall how many years old it is but its been with me for a long time and still works!

·
Registered
383 Posts
The one on the left is the ubiquitous MRC Tech II, mine has 3 switches, yours has 4. Must be a more advanced model! I don't recall how many years old it is but its been with me for a long time and still works!
Thanks, but I think you mean the one on the right is the Tech II.

The one on the left is a MRC "Sound & Power" a unit that I really liked. I'm presently looking for another.

Right now I'm using an ancient MRC Control Master that my son picked up at a flea market. Kind of ugly, but it works great, just sorta large and clunky.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
i really enjoy seeing post of older equipment and old school methods. I've been collecting "stuff" for the last 40 years so when i finally get around to setting up a permanant layout, i certainly expect to use that "stuff"
I,m finally retired and dealing with a prostate cancer issue, but soon I expect to make full use of the basement!! :)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
That's it, lol
I fully agree with you. One of the few frustrating things (for me, anyway) about this forum is that there doesn't seem to be a way to post pictures using the sites uploader and have them post in the body of a post. Everything winds up together at the end of the post. If you host your pics on a third party site and link to them from here, then they will appear where you want them to.
Just kind of frustrating. :(

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there doesn't seem to be a way to post pictures using the sites uploader and have them post in the body of a post. Everything winds up together at the end of the post. If you host your pics on a third party site and link to them from here, then they will appear where you want them to.
Just kind of frustrating. :(

Actually it's quite easy to place the photos wherever you wish them ... go into advanced, and select the paper clip, which will allow you to select the photos to upload here .. akane.0-6-0.jpg

then just use the cursor to select where you want the photo, or photos ..

climax.weathered.jpg

most people put the photos at the end, I suppose it's just easier ??

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Welcome aboard!

New guy here testing the system and thought I would use your post to do so.

Many forums require a waiting period before pictures are allowed. BOTS etc.

So if this happens, it's a picture of one of my old layouts, sold intact many years ago. I gathered it up to see what power supplies I used at the time.

Edit add...Hey it worked. :)
rsv1ho;

On this forum the magic number is 5 posts before you can attach photos. You had more than 5 posts. That's why it worked for you.

Traction Fan :smilie_daumenpos:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,417 Posts
Actually it's quite easy to place the photos wherever you wish them ... go into advanced, and select the paper clip, which will allow you to select the photos to upload

then just use the cursor to select where you want the photo, or photos ..

View attachment 511342

most people put the photos at the end, I suppose it's just easier ??
Is that your work on the rickety trestle?
Excellent. :smilie_daumenpos:

Though I would not want to run a heavy work train over it.:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts