Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for looking.

Just now getting back into the hobby after a 40 year absence.

What do you have on your shelves or in your boxes ??

Many thanks in advance,
Bill

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Good luck finding any...
These days, there's either expensive brass, or Blackstone Models ($90 to $300 range).
Blackstones are very nice, and are available with sound.

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Bummer, wish I'd have seen that sale earlier. I actually have three of the inside-frame 2-8-0's, one of which has been partially assembled with a LOT of modifications to use a regular can motor, a working headlight, and various changes to look more like one of the early D&RG locos. I got it far enough to drop in a DCC decoder and can see it still needs some work on the gearing.

What I'm really looking for is a couple 2-truck shays though. My planned layout will include a logging area where these would be perfect, and eventually I'll acquire some.

@Kansas City Express -- Keep an eye on ebay, you'll find quite a few parts and complete kits for sale over time. It takes some patience to find just what you want, but there's almost always some version of the Roundhouse kits available. Just watch out for the HO versions, which can look very similar to the HOn3 models. Keep an eye on the kit numbers so you get what you wanted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts