Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how much the membership numbers are inflated ??
i know i have three different user names, although i mainly use just one ...
and i wonder how many users haven't been on in a while ..
there is no way for the user to tell with this new software

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Curiosity? Doing research?

I'm not trying to be snarky. Just wondering why it matters.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
just wondering how much the membership numbers are inflated ??
i know i have three different user names, although i mainly use just one ...
and i wonder how many users haven't been on in a while ..
there is no way for the user to tell with this new software
Why do you have 3 user names?
That means you have 3 accounts?
Why?

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
The membership numbers will only be as accurate as the membership allows.....having 3 accounts for one person will skew those numbers......should call the number “accounts” instead of members then......

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
might be better to consider "active" accounts, accounts that have at least added a comment to a thread lately (pick a time) or viewed a thread if that requires logging in (?)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, i have three accounts, only one can be considered active ...
reason, just personal curiosity ...
active, yes that would be ideal, say in the last thirty days, but as a user there seems to be no way to actually get those numbers ?? unless you know of a way to do this ???

·
Registered
663 Posts
yes, i have three accounts, only one can be considered active ...
reason, just personal curiosity ...
active, yes that would be ideal, say in the last thirty days, but as a user there seems to be no way to actually get those numbers ?? unless you know of a way to do this ???
you have found a flaw in the forum.

imo no one should have more then one log in.

how do we know who to answer with more then one log in.

me thinks anyone with more then one handle is up to no good.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the Forums page go to top contributors and click VIew All. Then to the left you can search for any member. With any member you can click their icon and on their page view the line last visit.
yes, that will get me ONE member at a time, not an effective way to get 22,000 results in an effective time frame ...any other suggestions ???

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If I were doing it, I'd just calculate all accounts ever created. If someone really wanted to know I might calculate accounts posting in the last year as "active". I bet that's a few percent of the total accounts created. As for multiple accounts, well I'd guess for this kind of forum only a few do that... So it doesn't dramatically change it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I were doing it, I'd just calculate all accounts ever created. If someone really wanted to know I might calculate accounts posting in the last year as "active". I bet that's a few percent of the total accounts created. As for multiple accounts, well I'd guess for this kind of forum only a few do that... So it doesn't dramatically change it.
basically yes, just the recent active accounts, and yes, i can do that individually by each member ...
just wondering if there was a way to display members sorted by last login, that's all ..
and yes, i do -assume- that it's a small percentage

1 - 20 of 54 Posts